ϟ44: HONEYDUKES IN EXCHANGE FOR MENTIONING MY ABSϟ

^^Outline of headcanon credits to rightful owner

"Wait up, Re!"

Harry, Hermione and Ron came sprinting from the other end of the corridor with much stomping of their feet. Rhea stopped in her tracks and turned just in time to greet the Golden Trio who halted right in front of her.

"What's got you all so excited?" Rhea asked flatly, not in the mood to talk. Well, one could not blame her—she had watched her parents die just about a month ago.

"We've got you something," Hermione said breathlessly, and took a small flask from her pocket.

The sixth years walked next to the tapestry so that they could see what Hermione had brought. "What is this?" Rhea asked skeptically.

"Amortentia," Ron answered, grinning slightly. "Harry nicked some from the cauldron in our potions class a while ago."

"Nicked it?" Rhea looked surprised. "You could get into trouble!"

"Slughorn loves Harry," Ron rolled his eyes at her. "He would never scold the boy-who-lived." He grinned and continued, "Harry brewed a perfect potion today, and Slughorn gave him a vial of Felix Felicis."

"Since when did you become so good at Potions?" Rhea turned to Harry disbelievingly.

"He cheated," Hermione snapped, glaring at Harry, who shook his head indignantly.

"I just followed Prince's instructions," Harry defended.

"Yeah, you're just jealous, 'Mione." Ron agreed.

Deciding it was time to change the topic, Rhea asked, "What does Amortentia do?"

"Well..." Ron said slowly. "Since you've been acting like a zombie..."

"It imitates love," Ron answered before Hermione could lecture her. "Not really love, but infatuation."

"Well, Amortentia smells different to each person," Hermione said briskly, uncorking the flask. "I could smell freshly mown grass, parchment..."

She trailed off, and Rhea didn't need her legilimency to know what else she smelled.

"I smelt bacon, roasted chicken and sandalwood's fragrance." Ron piped up.

The perfume he gifted Hermione on Christmas last year, Rhea realized with an inward grin.

"Treacle tart, broomstick handle and honeysuckle." Harry shrugged casually.

Ginny... Rhea's smile faltered very slightly before she hitched it back on as Hermione gave Rhea the flask. Rhea took it wearily and breathed in the invigorating fumes.

"Camphor, paint, my mum's perfume..." Rhea trailed off, her eyes cloud in with emotion, but only just for a moment.

"You smell camphor?" Ron asked incredulously.

"What about it?" Rhea demanded, sticking her tongue out at him before she breathed in the intoxicating smell once more. "and trea—er, truffle," she amended quickly, which did not go unnoticed by Hermione, who frowned slightly. "Chocolate truffle."

"Really?" Harry asked absently. "Didn't know you like truffle."

Hermione shook her head. "Oh, Harry..."

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗