ϟ25: MIRACLES AND DISASTERSϟ

Eleven year old Rhea was struggling to remember the ingredients for a potion. It was the middle of the night, and Rhea, with bloodshot eyes, continued her studies out of fear of getting scoldedagainby Professor Snape. She immediately slammed her Potions, Grade 1 book on the table, not aware that the Grey Lady was behind her. 

"Oh no!" Rhea gasped and instantly took the book in her hands and stroked it as though pacifying an injured child. The Grey Lady smiled faintly as she looked upon the young girl growing frustrated.

"I wish I was Hermione." Rhea said gloomily and slumped into the arm chair, rubbing her eyes tiredly. It was about one in the morning, and she had made no progress whatsoever.

"And why is that?" the Grey Lady asked quite sharply, floating around Rhea's chair.

As Helena Ravenclaw had expected, Rhea Arquette hardly showed any sign of surprise at hearing the voice of the unexpected visitor. 

"Well, for starters, she's extremely intelligent," Rhea said as though this was quite obvious. "She can understand everything and anything that she's taught and even though she didn't even know what Hogwarts was a few months ago, she's the best in our year."

The Grey Lady looked at Rhea with an unreadable expression. "Do you think you were Sorted into the wrong house?"

Rhea's shoulders slumped. "Maybe." She replied moodily. 

"Getting good grades," The Grey Lady said loudly to make her point. "Doesn't mean one is knowledgeable."

"But—" Rhea started in confusion.

"I have no doubt," she cut Rhea off again. "That this Hermione is quite knowledgeable. But do you think that's all what matters? Books and essays and potion ingredients?"

"No," Rhea said, nettled. "But—"

"Have you ever wondered why Miss Granger was not Sorted in Ravenclaw?" The Grey Lady asked, interrupting her yet again.

"Well," Rhea said obliviously. "Because her bravery overpowered her intelligence?"

"No," The Grey Lady said softly. "Because Ravenclaws are the epitomes of creativity and open mindedness. Miss Granger, and I mean no contempt, lacks both."

Rhea looked annoyed, but the Grey Lady smiled gently. "One day, you'll understand. For now, don't worry yourself over it."

"Okay," Rhea shrugged, not really understanding what the Grey Lady meant. "What is your name, anyway?" she asked curiously.

Helena raised her eyebrows. "Why would you want to know?"

Rhea shrugged. "I can't keep calling you 'Grey Lady' now, can I? I mean, isn't that kind of racist?"

For the first time in years, Helena Ravenclaw laughed out of pure amusement. Smiling down at the young girl, she said, "For now, you can call me Helena. One day, perhaps, I shall tell you my full name."

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

*═══╗