ϟ2: THE LIESϟ

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

*═══╗

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

SNAPE ABRUPTLY LOOKED AWAY from Rhea just in time to dodge Flitwick's spell, which hit the suit of armour sheltering him: With a clatter it came to life. Snape struggled free of the crushing arms and sent it flying back toward his attackers: Professor McGonagall sent a spell at Rhea which sent her flying out of harm's way and Harry and Luna had to dive sideways to avoid the suit of armour as it smashed into the wall and shattered.

When Harry looked up again, Snape was in full flight, McGonagall, Flitwick, and Sprout all thundering after him: He hurtled through a classroom door and, moments later, he heard McGonagall cry, "Coward! COWARD!"

Rhea, still on the floor, groaned and clutched her stomach. Torn between the desire to run after Snape and help his best friend, Harry looked pleadingly towards Luna, who nodded reassuringly and ran to Rhea.

Harry raced along the corridor, trailing the Invisibility Cloak behind them, into the deserted classroom where Professors McGonagall, Flitwick, and Sprout were standing at a smashed window.

"He jumped," said Professor McGonagall as Harry ran into the room.

"You mean he's dead?" Harry sprinted to the window, ignoring Flitwick's and Sprout's yells of shock at his sudden appearance.

"No, he's not dead," said McGonagall bitterly. "Unlike Dumbledore, he was still carrying a wand.. . . and he seems to have learned a few tricks from his master."

With a tingle of horror, Harry saw in the distance a huge, bat like shape flying through the darkness toward the perimeter wall.

There were heavy footfalls behind them, and a great deal of puffing: Slughorn had just caught up.

"Harry!" he panted, massaging his immense chest beneath his emerald-green silk pajamas. "My dear boy . . . what a surprise . . . Minerva, do please explain...Severus . . . what . . . ?"

"Our headmaster is taking a short break," said Professor McGonagall, pointing at the Snape-shaped hole in the window.

"Professor!" Harry shouted, his hands at his forehead. He could see the Inferi-filled lake sliding beneath him, and he felt the ghostly green boat bump into the underground shore, and Voldemort leapt from it with murder in his heart —

Just then Luna and Rhea burst in; Rhea was still clutching her stomach. "Harry," she said, scrunching up her face in pain, "the Inferi—Voldemort—"

"Yeah, I know." Harry said desperately. Everyone present in the room knew the connection between the Dark Lord, Harry and Rhea, and therefore, no elaborations were needed. "Professor, we've got to barricade the school, he's coming now!" Harry shouted.