Chapter 10

"What? Francis did what?"- Dylan could feel his blood boil. The bastard had laid a hand in his sister.
"He almost hit her, that's what the rumor said! Apparently Jay's clique saved her. They even accompanied her to class."-Kyle explained.
Dylan couldn't believe this. "He's going to pay for this!"- he growled. "I will rip him apart."
"Relax, bra. She's okay!"- Kyle tried to calm him down. "But we will pay Francis a visit."
Dylan still couldn't believe that Jessica's "heroes" were Jay's friends! This wasn't helping his cause. Now Jay would seem more like the prince Jessica believed him to be. He couldn't have this. He looked for his mouth guard in his bag but couldn't find it.
"Arg!!! Shit, I left my mouth guard in the showers."- he told Kyle in frustration.
"Well that's disgusting!"- he said as he frowned. "Look I have to go. I have to pick up Vicki at her club thing..."
"Okay well, I will see you tomorrow."
"Make sure you get enough sleep captain! We wouldn't want you leading us to defeat, would we?"
Dylan made a careless gesture," We've got tomorrow's match in the bag."
Kyle laughed. Kyle had been Dylan's friend from the first day of primary school. Their grade one teacher had thought they were twins. The had similarities, Dylan had to admit but they didn't look the same. He noticed someone of the courts next to the showers, a girl. She was busy packing her sports bag. She looked fit but her body wasn't what he was used to. She had curves and they were luscious, inviting...
Happy
Oh, it just had to be her. He almost groaned out loud. He'd been thinking about her in his dreams... And the thought of it embarrassed him. He really had to get over this thing, whatever it was! He walked closer without even realizing it. She was beautiful not his type but still beautiful. She leaned into her back and it gave him a great view of her behind. He clenched his fists and his blood started heading south...
Even the little moments she made as she struggled to get her netball ball in her bag made him think of other things. She let out a heavy sigh after achieving her goal.
"Long day?"- he asked. She gasped at his voice. He'd startled her.
"Oh... It's you!"- she held her hand to her heart in relief.
"Disappointed?"- he enquired.
"Not really, I don't really pay attention to you"- she said flatly.
He suddenly had the urge to test this little theory of hers. Did she really not think about him? Because he thought about her, he thought about her a lot!
She picked up her her sports bag and was ready to leave but he blocked her way. They were standing inches apart. And he could hear her breathes coming slowly. So she wasn't as immune to him as she wanted to be. She looked up at him and the look in her eyes was of defiance. If she was attracted to him she would fight it, he concluded. He could try to fight it as well but it seemed futile. His body reacted to her and the only way to get ride of the ache is to satisfy it.

"I'm sorry, you are blocking my way."- she looked up at him. She had to tilt her head backwards in order to look him in the eye and happy wasn't a short girl which meant he was really tall.
"So, you really don't pay attention to me uh?"- he asked his voice suddenly deep and husky.
"I told you I don't."- her voice was barely a whisper. She didn't mean to sound so... so... affected by him.
"I think you are lying."- he drawled. "I could feel your eyes on me in the mall when we bumped into each other. You were staring at me. Eating me up with those pools of hazel heat."
"No"- she breathed. "That's not true."- she couldn't even recognize her voice.
She still wasn't looking at him his face would break her. Her gaze was on his chest and that didn't help either but it was better than looking him in the eye. She was afraid he'd be able to see the truth...
He trailed his fingers down her arm leaving heat in their wake. She shivered involuntarily. She could feel his smile.
"Okay then, look at me."- he commanded. She wouldn't, couldn't. "Happy, prove to me that I don't affect in anyway, just look at me."
Silence
"You can't can you?"- he taunted. He tipped her head back, forcing her to look at him. Instinct told her to close eyes but she would give him the satisfaction. Their eyes meet.
"I want you."
His eyes proved it. They were dark. He'd never seen what a male looked like when aroused but she could tick that off her list because the look Dylan gave her made her week at the knees.
"I have dreamt about you, kissing you here..."- he kissed her lips softly. And she let her head fall back, a sign of submission. "Here" he kissed the pulse at the base of her neck and she gasped. He brought her head forward and kissed her. Oh so slowly... His hand snaked around her waist. Her hands on his chest. His heart was pulsing just as hard as hers. It felt good, she had to admit. His hands moved further down her waist, caressing her thighs. She moaned and moved into him. Her hands left his chest and went around his neck. It made her stand on her toes. His hands were everywhere but she needed more.
"Please..."- it was a plea. She didn't know what she wanted, what she was pleading for but he knew...
He moved away from her, a conflicted look on his face or was it a regretful one? She took two steps back she wasn't sure her feet would carry her, the after effects of the kiss. She needed space but her shame wouldn't leave her.
"Are you happy?"- she asked, her eyes never leaving the ground.
"No, I didn't mean to... I just wanted to..."
"Prove a point?"- she added for him. "Prove how easy I am"- she let out a bitter laugh "or how irresponsible you are."
"We got carried away. I don't know what came over me!"- he ran a hand through his hair.
"What you didn't think you could be attracted to a black girl?"- she asked.
"Damn it!!!!!! This isn't about the color of your skin. Why is everything about race to you?"
She had an exaggerated look of shock on her face, "you can't be serious! You are the one that caused the segregation of our school! You wanna talk to me about race???"- she took a step forward, her confidence was back and her shame a thing of the past. "What were you gonna do to me had you found me the woods, Dylan?"- her voice was cold and purposeful.
"Nothing! We just wanted to... To..."- the truth was he didn't know and happy took advantage of that.
"To what? Should I fill in the blank space for you, Dylan?"- she taunted. "Was it gonna be murder, rape? Oh I know..."
"Enough!!!!"- he growled, his voice harsh!
She stilled! His voice scared her a bit. She'd been angry no not angry livid!
He closed the distance between them. "You know what your problem is? You hate the fact that you attracted to me. You hate that you responded to me like..."
"A whore?"- tears where threatening to fall.
"I wasn't going to say that!"
They stood there. The silence stretching out and torturing the both of them.
"I'm not a bad guy, Happy!"- he finally said.
She let out a humorless laugh, "you could have fooled me! Trying to destroy your sister's relationship, beating a guy till he was unconscious and chasing a girl into the woods!"
"I was trying to protect her!"- his voice was higher and harsher than expected. "He will break her heart! I know he will."
"What about your other transgressions? Don't you have an excuse for those? Or are they just minor ones cause no one you cared about was involved?"- she asked.
He'd acted like an ass, he knew that but she made him sound like something out of a demonic movie. "I was protecting my own..."
"Your own...? White people?"- she wanted to be frank.
Silence. She took it as a yes.
"You are such a hypocrite! Don't ever talk to me about race."
She took her sports bag and headed for the gate of the netball courts.
"What about you Miss Perfect?"
She stopped.
"You are gonna go home and wash my scent off your skin? You stand there and judge me when you can't even admit your attraction to me even after you let me touch you the way I did. You won't even admit that you liked it. And then you wanna defend your best friend who, by the way, is also responsible for the segregation in our school! Yes, I'm not a saint but don't stand there and act as if Jay is. We are both responsible for what's going on in this school!"- he was determined to make his point. And maybe he did.
"Stay away from me!"- she whispered and walked away.
He wanted to, he wanted to stay away from her and he'd try. But a part of him knew he couldn't not after what just happened.