Chapter 8

Ice cream! Happy couldn't contain her excitement and she wouldn't. She loved her ice cream and right now she was having it from her favorite parlor. The rum and raisin was amazing and the chocolate fudge was even better. She couldn't wait to have some. She placed in her order and waited. She started looking around and something caught her eye. A boy! He was standing in the store opposite the ice cream parlor. It was a Samsung store. He was looking at some gadgets and she, she was looking at him and loving it. He wore shots, they were unusually short for a boy but he didn't look less masculine. The shots showed off his toned legs. His calves were large and his thighs had a perfect "vee". She couldn't help but run her tongue over her, suddenly dry, lips. Her eyes moved to his biceps. Oh... His arms made her mouth dry and her whole body vibrate. The small movement he made made his muscles flex and she swallowed hard. Her pulse was racing and her heart was beating at a dangerously fast pace. Gosh! He was a sight. Her eyes moved to his neck and then his face. His face was... His face was... White! He was white.
She couldn't believe she was drooling over a white boy and not just any boy, she realized, it was Dylan. Happy looked away quickly. Her heart raced.
"Happy, here's your ice cream."- Ms Elliot, the lady and who worked at the ice cream parlor informed her. She back to her senses.
"Thank you."- she handed her the money over the counter. "When is Thato coming in?"- she asked.
"I don't know..."- Ms Elliot was about to answer when her voice trailed off. She got distracted by something that was behind Happy. Happy followed the direction of the older woman's eyes and she met Dylan's eyes. He was staring at her.
"Looks like someone's got an admirer."- Ms Elliot winked at her.
Ms Elliot was a white woman with a stunning figure. She was probably in her mid thirties. She was also easy on the eye. She was married to a colored man. In South Africa black and colored didn't mean the same thing. Blacks were simply black pole and coloreds were mixed race. She was open and happy liked that about her.
"I doubt it."- Happy smiled nervously. She didn't think he'd find a girl like her attractive. She was black and he was white. She wasn't blonde, she didn't have an insanely long mane and her figure wasn't exactly slim. She had cubes, dangerously voluptuous curves. Her friends started calling her kim kardashians in the tenth grade. She'd hated it. She'd thought her figure looked more like beyonce's figure. Kim's bottom was too much and she hoped her's wasn't that big.
"What do mean? He'd be an idiot not to like you. You were pretty and boy do have a body on you."
Happy laughed. The look Ms Elliot gave her made feel a bit confident.
"I have to go. I have a taxi to catch. See you again."- she took her ice cream and headed for the door. She stopped outside the door to put her change in her purse.
"I need to talk to you!"
The voice came out of now where and it startled her. She turned to find Dylan behind her. The sight of him hit her like a wrecking ball. He looked good.
"I don't know what we possibly need to talk about?"- she responded flatly.
"Oh trust me, we so!"- his voice was just as flat as hers. "Please can we talk somewhere in private."
She stared at him for a moment. She was fixing her response, no!
"Yes."
It came so easy and she hated how easy it came.
"Thank you."
He led her to a quite table outside the mall. They both took their seats.
"Okay, what this about?"- she asked, wanting to get straight to the point.
"I want you to advise your...friend to stay away from from my sister."- he stated coldly.
His eyes were darker than the day they'd chased her into the woods.
"Excuse me?"
"Jay, I want him to stay away from Jessica. He is all wrong for-"
"Why, because of the color of his skin?"- she asked him. She watched him clench his jaw. His features became darker.
"No that's no what I meant. His friend your friend and you know him better than anyone. He's a player, he's known for the game he plays with girls. My sister is fragile and a bit naive. If he breaks her heart, which I know he will, she won't be able to handle it."- Jay said.
She could hear his desperation in the tone of his voice. Or was it frustration.
"You really don't like him do? I mean, for you to go to such lengths to separate them, you must really hate him"
"I don't hate him. I just know that Jay isn't the guy for her."
"You don't know him, he's a good person and know what? Maybe he isn't Prince Charming and yeah he might be a bad boy but I have never seen him so happy."- she told him. "He likes her, and it might not be love... Yet, but that's more than good for him and her."- there was no compromise in her voice.
She'd was just as surprised as Dylan had been when Jessica and Jay decided to announce their relationship to everyone close to them. She'd been concerned about Jay's motives but her concerns where laid to rest when she'd spent time with them. She saw a different expression on her best friend's face... Whether it was love or like she couldn't make the distinction but she knew what ever it was it was strong.

"Didn't he break your sister's heart?"- he knew he'd touched a nerve because her face froze and for a minute she looked sad. But the look was soon gone replaced with a cool, calm exterior.
"How dare you? You thought you could turn me against him by bringing up the past? You are pathetic. You sister is happy with Jay but you can't see that because you can't imagine her being with a black man. Can you?"- her voice was steady but dangerously so.
"I told it's not about-"
"Arg please!"- she hit her hand on the table, hard. It drew attention from the few people that were around them. "He is black, not an animal." She picked up her bag and was ready to leave.
"Why did you save me?"- his asked her. She stopped dead in her tracks and turned. "Even after we did to Jay you saved is from suffocating to death in the steam room. Why?"- he was also standing now.
She walked to him and stood right in from of him. Her head barely reached his shoulders.
"Because, it was the right thing to do. And I was scared that Jay would have blood on his hands and I didn't want him to live with a mistake he made in haste. Despite what you may think Jay is a decent guy who cares about the people he loves and like you said, I know him better than anyone so maybe you should take my word for it."- and then she left.
He could help but stare at her. The sway of her hips as she walked. It heated his body to knew temperatures. Okay he was attracted to her. And who wouldn't be?? With a figure like that's she's bound to get male attention. This wasn't over! Jessica and Jay's "relationship" wasn't going to last. He'd make sure of it...

A/N! Hi guys sorry for the short chapter but I find myself struggling to finding the connection between Dylan and Happy. I have also realized that I haven't really given much insight about the characters but I'm working on making them more real and hopefully you'll fall in love with them as I have. Thanks for the votes and please leave a lot of comments I'd love to hear you thoughts.
PS: More votes and comments, quicker and better updates.