Twenty Four

Draco

Nirvana and I were a mess for the entire month. She wouldn't talk to me, I wouldn't talk to her, and we wouldn't dare go near each other. It was as if we got even 3 feet close, we would make the whole world explode.

I was so glad it was finally Christmas break, I wouldn't have to deal with Nirvana, or Pansy or anything. I could just take my mind off of things, and that was something I was really looking forward to.

I sat in a compartment by myself, wanting to keep everyone and everything out of my life for at least the next 11 hours, but that didn't work out.

The door of the compartment opened reveling a tired Nirvana. Her eyes where low and her posture sucked. Usually she had her head up high, and her shoulders back, but in that moment she was the complete opposite of what I described.

"Ugh." She groaned fixing herself up. She straightened her back and crossed her arms over chest, her eyes opening fully and tried walking away.

"Nirvana wait, please." I begged, she sighed and turned around giving me a look. I sighed and pointed at the empty seat in front of me, but she refused to sit down.

"I'm fine thanks."

I nodded nervously and thought about where to start. So much happened in the past month, I didn't know where to start my apology, but something I did know was, that I wanted the moment to be over as fast as possible without making things worse between us.

"Listen, I'm truly sorry for ignoring you after the whole Blaise incident...I'm also sorry for what happened at the stairs, I shouldn't've done that. I thought you lik- Scratch that... You hated it." I said with sadness in my voice. What I did to Nirvana crushed my heart, not more than hers of course.

Nirvana nodded and smacked her teeth before smiling. A smile spread across my face thinking she was forgiving me, but I was wrong.

"Take care

"Take care." She said before opening the compartment door and leaving. My jaw hit the floor, she changed so much, right in front of my eyes. The old Nirvana would've sat down beside me and said everything was alright between us, but the new one was... Cold...

Harry

The compartment door opened and Nirvana sat down beside Hermione with a smile on her face. "I hope you don't mind, all the other compartments are full...Besides Draco's." She chuckled, but she had a sad look in her eyes. I wondered if it was because of the drama between her and Draco or because of Blaises death. I didn't bother to ask though.

"It's alright." Ron and I said sharing a look, Nirvana smiled at Hermione and they whispered something to each other.

"So err, how are you feeling about the whole Blaise situation?" Ron blurted out, Hermione gasped and hit him on the head with a news paper.

"Ron you know better than to ask stupid-"

"Fine, actually."

We all turned to Nirvana in shock, we most definitely did not expect her to answer that question. The last time she was asked that question she froze the poor Ravenclaw boy.

Nirvana

I sighed and closed my eyes as I laid my head back. I was awfully tired, I hadn't slept in weeks. At least not since Blaise died, I kept getting these nightmares, and they felt awfully real. It was me running, drowning, dark summer nights, walls and sheets covered in blood, a baby crying and screams. I was afraid to fall asleep on the train, but I felt safe having the Golden Trio by my side.

 I was afraid to fall asleep on the train, but I felt safe having the Golden Trio by my side

After an hour or too, the train stopped and all the lights went out. "What was that?" I asked looking around, the Golden Trio shrugged and we got a grip of our wands.

The train started shaking and I looked out of the window, the fear in my eyes showing on my reflection. I looked at Harry, who was rubbing his scar.

"Where in danger aren't we?" I asked, every time Harry's scar ached something bad was happening or was going to happen.

"You're not."

I looked at the compartment door and met grey cold eyes. Malfoy. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up, he pulled me close to him and put his arm around my waist. I didn't want to be so close to him, but there was no way I could escape his grip.

"She stays with us Malfoy." Ron said standing up, along with Harry and Hermione. "She's safer with us than with you." He continued, Draco let me go and stepped in front of him with a smirk on his face.

"But she'll choose me over you any day."

"That's not what this is about." Hermione said, I sighed already knowing where the conversation was going, and I wasn't liking it.

Draco's head snapped towards Hermiones and looked at her dead in the eye. "No one was talking to you you filthy little mud blood."

"Draco!"

He turned around, his eyes going from ice cold to warm and cozy. I hated to have to prove my friends right, but I had to go with Draco or the conversation would escalate and it wasn't the right time or place to do that. "I'll go with you, just leave them alone."

He smirked and I rolled my eyes at him. "Nirvana n-" Draco put his hand on my lower back and led me out of the compartment and out into  the hall.

"Listen, I'm gonna need you to trust me on this one. This is gonna be easy for you since you're an pure blood, but- You're pretty soft." Draco said, my eyes opened widely at his words. I felt pretty offended.

"I can handle anything." I said trying to walk away, but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back making me fall against his body.

"I know you can, I believe in you dear."