Chapter 2- The Assassination

Sorry this chapter is a bit sad but don't let that not bring you down because it will get better later on! I promise! I'm the writer and I will make it happy again!!! <3 Don't hate me...T.T

“Alright team. It looks like we will be gone a few days but pack light. Meet at the front gate in one hour.” Kakashi said before we departed to prepare.

Kurenai and I lived real close to each other so we walked some of the way together. She and Asuma keep eye balling each other from time to time and I know exactly why!!!

“So Kurenai Chan… What happened after Naruto and I left dinner last night hmmm???” I asked as I elbowed her.

“Nothing really!!! Asuma just walked me home is all…”She said with a hint of blush to her cheeks.

“What about you, is Naruto going to stay in the daycare till you get back?” She suddenly asked to throw me off topic.

“Yeah I think he’ll be best there…I just wish Minato was still here or that I had a sibling I could trust with him…he’d be much happier with them. He likes the really nice granny that runs the place though. I trust her with him; I’m just really going to miss him is all.” I said as I looked down at my sandals as we walked.

“You’re a good person for taking him in though. Just remember that.” She said as she gently touched my arm with a smile.

An unsettling breeze brushed through my hair and I looked out towards the busy village. Something inside of me didn’t feel right…It feels similar to when Minato Sensei sealed away the nine tails and died….

Kurenai waved bye to me with a smile as I walked up to my apartment door to get ready. I went inside and noticed it was a bit on the messy side. I picked up all of Naruto’s toys to put neatly in the treasure chest I stored on his side of the bedroom and folded up some of his soft blankets and finished by sticking Mr. Bigglesworth, his favorite bear, inside the crib. Then I packed myself some weapon scrolls, food pills, and some extra clothes and camping gear inside another scroll to summon later. I grabbed my Anbu mask and my black cloak before leaving the apartment. I looked back one more time to see my home, my life and my happiness all bundled into one warm and welcoming space I created for Naruto and I. I loved it and it was always something I looked forward to seeing again. The last thing I saw before closing the door was Naruto’s floor blanket that he would lay on to look up at the mobile. It had sloths and frogs and clouds with moons and stars on it to remind him of the great people that will one day help him find his ninja way.

That feeling that I had earlier still wasn’t going away…it drove me crazy and frightened me a bit…what if something happens in the village when I’m away?

 I quickly ran in Anbu gear over to the daycare to say goodbye to Naruto before I left. I ran into Asuma on the way and he decided to tag along as well.

“Hi Granny.” I said as I entered the daycare with Asuma and removed the mask.

“Oh hello Kiki. Off on a mission?” She asked sweetly.

“Yep. I was hoping to say bye to little Naruto before I go.” I responded kindly.

“Well don’t you worry at all Miss. Kiki. Naruto here will be alright with us till you come back home.” She said as she led me and Asuma over to one of the play rooms.

The sliding door opened to see Naruto with some other little children playing together. He looked up to me and a sparkle came to his eyes as he sat up with a piece of paper in his hand and ran over to me.

“Hi Key-Key!! Lookie!” He said as he ran to me and I bent down to lift him up.

“Hey little brother! Oh that’s pretty. Is that for me?” I asked with a smile.