Chapter 9- Sarutobi's Last Mission.

It seems that I have not gained the complete trust of my master. The devil somehow knew I interacted with others on my last mission…I know he’s disappointed since he hasn’t sent me to the surface in months…instead, I was put through more torture with training but this time, he knew my weaknesses. He uses gen-jutsu now and tries to crack my brain into thinking that he killed Kakashi and Naruto…he doesn’t know about the others yet…but this has gotten to the point of complete hopelessness. However, I learned many things that will instantly put me away for good. Plans that the devil has for the surface and he is going to use me to complete his dream…Luckily, I was able to come up with a  plan to help weaken his plans. Perhaps it’s time I didn’t act anymore. I should carefully calibrate this so I don’t lose my spirit…now that I have no soul, it will be much easier to break me. I think it’s time I start being the reaper he is trying to mold me into…an unbreakable beast. I have to be careful not to lose my spirit in the process or I’m finished. This way, it will be as if I turned into the monster he wanted and then I might be able to learn more about his plans.

“Okay my dear. I think you’ve gotten the point. Now I must tell you about summons.” The devil said in front of me.

We just finished another training exercise that almost made me break but I was able to hold strong.

“Summons? You mean shinobi can summon me?” I asked with a serious tone.

“Precisely. Do you remember what happened on your last anbu mission? The one where you were killed and turned into a reaper?”

How could I not.

“There are only three shinobi in the world that knows how to summon you. Otherwise, the secrets were in those scrolls you have to take back on that last anbu mission you had. That is how I was able to take your soul in time. I ordered a demon to infiltrate that very village and pose as a fellow soldier. He used the reaper summon jutsu and summoned me to come take your soul.” The devil said.

It was him this whole time…no wonder I couldn’t sense his chakra presents that day…it was a demon.

“What about the summons then?” I asked impatiently.

“When someone on the surface summons you, you appear as a demon. This jutsu is one of my favorites. It is called the Reaper Death Seal Jutsu.” He said.

My eyes widened in shock. That jutsu is forbidden! The Fourth used that to seal the nine tails inside Naruto…

“Ah so you know of it. Then you also know that when the shinobi summons you, you have to take the soul of the summoner as well to complete the jutsu. Although, the only thing I don’t like about it is that the reaper which is you, has the choice to eat the summoner’s soul and take it to oblivion or you can set it free but either way, the summoner has to die. However, you have to eat the souls the summoner makes you take…good souls and bad.” The devil said with a smile.

I spit some blood out on the ground as I kept my sights set on him.

“Why are you just now telling me about this?”

“Well it seems that one of the shinobi is thinking of summoning you. I can feel it when they think about it. You should too except you would feel a strange tingle in your reaper scar I engraved into you.” He said as he pointed to my middle finger were the sideways black cross ring was.

I was wondering about that. This is good though…this means I’ll be able to use my new technique that will hopefully weaken the devil’s plans.

“It is only a matter of time now. I’ve seen a large battle commencing in a village on the surface.” He said with a smile.

A village attack? Oh no! What if it’s Konoha!