(Ep 6) Nurse's Wing

It's been a week since the ball and Draco and I became really close practically best friends. We would sneak out on the weekends to hangout or study for the big tests Snape gives. I felt like I could be myself around him and it made me feel appreciated.

Draco and I were eating breakfast in the Great Hall. "It's getting late, we should probably head to Snape's class before he gives us detention for the rest our time here." Draco says smiling. "ok!" I start burst out laughing. We run to Snape's class and make it way early than expect so we find seats and mess around. "Hey Maddie, can I talk to you?" someone behind me asks. "Back off Cedric. You already hurt her enough." Draco face drops. "I didn't ask you Draco. Maddie, can I talk to you?" Cedric repeats. "Cedric I suggest you back off before I do something I will regret." I say seriously. Cedric reaches for me and Draco stands up and grabs Cedric by the collar. "We said back off." Draco says in a defensive voice. "Draco it's ok, I'm no damsel in distress, I can handle it myself." I say. He aggressively lets his collar go and Cedric touches my shoulder before he leaves. I get up madder than ever. "Cedric wait...I want to talk to you." I say faking my sorriness and grab his arm. "Maddie listen I-" before he could finish his sentence my fist was in his face making ring indents on his cheek. "Maddie you just bought yourself a Saturday detention." Professor Snape says as he walks to the front of the class. "Well it was worth it." I whisper to Draco. "Watch this." Draco tells me as he rolls up a paper ball and throws it at Snape. "Mr. Malfoy, Saturday detention as well." Snape yells. "Now class write down your notes for this new potion call Liquid Luck." Snape adds in his monotone voice.

It was around lunch time when I finished my class, but Draco still had one more class so I ate lunch with Hermione. "Are you ok? You look pale?" Hermione asks looking concerned. "Yea I'm fine i guess." I tell her rejecting food. In reality I couldn't stop thinking about Draco. "Can I help you with anything?" she asks. "No I-I'm fine.." I say shaking. "We are going to go to Madam Pomfrey... like now." Hermione drags me out the Great Hall. On our way I see Draco he seems to be in a verbal fight with someone. I wanted to stop, but I didn't want Hermione to be suspicious about anything, since we were only best friends....right? When the heads moved I saw Pansy kissing Draco. I felt like I was going to be sick. I run into the girls toilets with Hermione on my tail. "Maddie??!" Hermione shrieks as she holds my hair back. "I-It's ok, I-I'm f-fin-e" I say shaking. She rushes me over to the nurses wing and Draco see out of the corner of his eye and follows. "MADDIE?" Draco shouts but there is no answer so he shouts again "HERMIONE!" and still no answer so he runs to the hospital wing.

I lay down while Hermione and Madam Pomfrey talk and I see Draco walk in and a tear starts to form. "Sorry kids, no visitors. She needs rest right now" Madam Pomfrey tells Draco and Hermione as she scoots them out. Hermione explains everything to Draco. Hours go by and I start to wake up. Hermione comes running in. "How are you feeling?" she asks me. "Uh not good." I tell her. "Hermione dear may I have a word with you?" Madam Pomfrey asks motioning for her to come. "Of course. Give me a minute Maddie." she walk to the nurse and leaves with a shocked face. Draco comes in a sees it too and gets worried. "What did she say Hermione?" Draco asks in a shaky voice pacing around the bed. "She has a 41.2 C (106.3 F) degree fever!" Hermione exclaims. "Whoa. HOW?!" Draco puts his hands over his face. "Miracles Draco and she is a fighter. That's why she is still with us.." Hermione motions to Draco. Hermione leaves, leaving you and Draco alone. "Please Maddie, I need you to get better before Saturday!" he says trying to laugh, although I start to giggle. I'll bring you homework and maybe food if they don't feed you!" he says grabbing my hand. "What?" I tell Draco in kinda angry tone. "You saw didn't you...let me make it up to you please." he beg, literally begs on his knees. I start laughing and I tell him I saw him fighting to get away from her, but he still insists on taking me out after I get better.

"Ok I'll let you get some rest and I'll be back with your homework. I promise." Draco sticks out his pinky and pinky promises me. I close my eyes praying to get better by Saturday Detention.

𝕬/𝕹: 𝕴'𝖒 𝖘𝖔 𝖘𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖞 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖙 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖊𝖉 𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖆𝖘𝖙 𝖔𝖓𝖊, 𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝕴'𝖒 𝖌𝖔𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝖕𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝖆𝖓 𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖘𝖔𝖔𝖓 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖎𝖙'𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖆 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖙 𝖙𝖜𝖔 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝖎𝖙'𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖋𝖋𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖙