TWENTY FOUR

𝐀𝐋𝐏𝐇𝐀
↳ TWENTY FOUR;
THREATS AND OFFERINGS

𝐀𝐋𝐏𝐇𝐀↳ TWENTY FOUR;THREATS AND OFFERINGS

⋄ ⧫ ⟡ ⧫ ⋄

THE FEAST OF BLESSING'S PARTY WAS RIGHT DEPRESSING, Artemis thought. Well, especially for Davina, who had received no offerings from any of the guests.

She could see the smug smile on Genevieve's face and knew it was all because of the witch.

Artemis had come along with Atlas and Esmeray to represent the Lycan's. The rest of the pack were on the lands, getting used to it all. They had anointed positions to some of the wolves and they were loving the new power they held.

Maybe, Artemis should deliver her own personal gift to Genevieve herself for being a bully.

Davina was near tears and had run off the stage.

Artemis went to follow her, to give her some comfort when Klaus turned up.

"Joshua. What a fortunate coincidence finding you here. We have unfinished business." Klaus blocked Josh from leaving who had been talking to Davina.

"You need to leave here. Right now." Davina threatened Klaus.

"Now, to be fair, love. You're not quite as powerful as you once were, are you? You're in no position to give orders." He sped over to Josh and grabbed him by the neck. "Come along, lad."

Artemis sighed. Klaus just had to be dramatic with whatever he did, didn't he?

"Hey, can we talk about this?" Josh tried.

"Artemis, can't you do something?" Davina hissed as they followed the Original.

"I will if he does something he'll regret." She promised.

"Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention please." Klaus stood on the stairs, eyes turning his way. "We are gathered here today to pay homage to our beloved witches, but one very special witch has been utterly ignored. That seems a little unfair to me." He reached into his pocket and handed Davina a small box.

"No. I don't want your gift."

"I understand why you would reject me, given our past. In truth, many of us here today have been wronged in the conflict which my brother's treaty ended. Your friend Josh was involved in a plot to kill me. It would be well within my right to execute him here and now. But, in the spirit of solidarity, and for your favour, Davina, I hereby pardon him. Josh from this day forward, you have nothing to fear from me. Please."

He managed to push the box into Davina's hands and walked off.

⋄ ⧫ ⟡ ⧫ ⋄

"Atlas, come on. Stop being so stupid." Esmeray groaned as Artemis laughed into her drink.

"What? I wanna see how many glasses I can hold in one hand."

"Yeah, and you'll break them all whilst your at it."

"This party is boring, I've got to liven it up somehow."

"Why are you my mate?" Esmeray said to herself.

Artemis couldn't stop laughing into her drink. Just sometimes her brother could be an absolute idiot.

One second she was laughing and the next she was being whisked off her feet. Klaus had pulled her in for a dance, removing her grip on her glass.

He pulled her in close so that he could speak directly into her ear.

"Your looking gorgeous tonight, love."

She scowled. "What are you playing at? One second your threatening me and the next your flirting. Make up your mind."

"What can I say, you have me spinning." Klaus grinned.

Artemis scoffed.

"Or maybe, I just enjoy riling you up." His eyes met hers, watching every reaction.

She was speechless. For a moment, she was enjoying being this close to him. She felt hot under his touch and could get lost in his eyes for hours.

But then something snapped in her and she was pulling away. "Piss off, Klaus."

⋄ ⧫ ⟡ ⧫ ⋄

The party had ended in disaster. Marcel had sent drummers in to cause chaos and send a message.

There will be no peace.

Artemis was dawdling at the party. Waiting for the perfect moment to speak to who she wanted to. She found the witch alone, on one of the balconies.

"Genevieve, got a few seconds to chat? No? Too bad." Artemis strolled over to her, a look of ease on her face.

"What do you want?" Genevieve snapped.

"Ouch. What's got you in a grumpy mood?"

"Klaus' vampires ruined my party."

"Ah yes. Although, they definitely weren't Klaus vampires. Marcel's starting to get a bit dramatic wouldn't you say?" Artemis watched as the witch fidgeted under her stare.

"What do you want, Lennox?"

"I thought I'd give you my offering as I didn't get the chance to earlier."

Artemis stepped forward pushing Genevieve's head against the railing of the balcony. With one hand holding her neck, she used the other to place one of the witch's hands against it as well.

With slight pressure, Artemis bent two of Genevieve's fingers until the resounding sound of cracking broke out.

Genevieve screamed out in pain.

"You pick on Davina again and I'll do much worse than breaking your fingers." Artemis threatened. She released her pressure on the witch and stepped back.

Genevieve surprisingly laughed through her pain. "You broke my fingers because of Davina?" She laughed even more. "Highly unlikely. I know your secrets Artemis Lennox and I am not afraid of a lycan."

"You wanna bet?"

"It makes you jealous, seeing me with him doesn't it? Your wolf pines for him, yet you don't." Genevieve's head tilted as she cradled her broken hand.

Artemis stayed silent, her lips pursed.

"You wish you were with him. But the fact is, you'll never have him. He doesn't remember you."

On instinct Artemis punched the witch in the face, knocking her to the ground. She crouched down to her form. "Pity. I expected more of a fight."

Artemis walked out of the building, her mind scrambling whilst she hid behind her strong composure.

What the fuck did the witch mean that Klaus doesn't remember her?