SIX

𝐀𝐋𝐏𝐇𝐀
↳ SIX;
THAT'S CUTE

𝐀𝐋𝐏𝐇𝐀↳ SIX;THAT'S CUTE

⋄ ⧫ ⟡ ⧫ ⋄

ARTEMIS LENNOX STOOD IN THE UNDERGROUND CAVERN with a scowl on her face. This was the one place where it was hidden. The cavern was hidden in the pack grounds, where only a select few knew where it was. The guards that had been defending the cavern were dead.

Their bodies littered the floor, bite marks upon their necks, blood drained.

She glared at the statue. The statue of Selene the Goddess of the Moon. She was the one who created them all those years ago. She gave them life, but she could also take it away.

Her crescent moon crown was missing from the statue. In the wrong hands, the moon could be removed from the crown. In the wrong hands, it could be turned into a weapon. A weapon that would kill them all.

"They still have it, don't they?" Atlas sighed, residing by his sister.

She nodded her head, still staring at Selene. "We're not safe here anymore. The pack is dead. Our parents are dead. If the vampires who have the crown find us, we're as good as dead."

"We can still fight."

"No, Atlas. We can't. Our home is destroyed. There is three of us left, there is no hope."

"What about—"

"We are leaving." Artemis' tone was deadly and final. "I'm the Alpha now, what I say goes. We are leaving Lennox Forest, New Orleans. We're not coming back and that is final."

"Yes, Alpha."

Artemis groaned as the headache blossomed from the distant memory. Just a reminder that the weapon was still out there, someone had the crown that could kill her.

The bottle of red wine, half empty, wasn't helping soothe her worries. She had heard the voices again, and now she was receiving killer headaches if she suddenly remembered something.

She'd had the memory the night before, plaguing her dreams and then she awoke to the voices.

Artemis wake up!
You need to wake up!
Open your eyes, Artemis!

Her head hurt trying to figure out who it was and why she was suddenly remembering moments she had forgotten.

"Whats wrong with you today?" Cami asked, noticing Artemis' head repeatedly banging on the bar top.

"I'm hearing things."

"What kind of things?"

Artemis narrowed her eyes, "Only you'd want to know what I'm hearing." She sighed. "They keep telling me to wake up and open my eyes."