TWENTY ONE

𝐀𝐋𝐏𝐇𝐀
↳ TWENTY ONE;
SECRET MISSIONS

𝐀𝐋𝐏𝐇𝐀↳ TWENTY ONE;SECRET MISSIONS

⋄ ⧫ ⟡ ⧫ ⋄

ALL ARTEMIS COULD THINK ABOUT WAS MURDERING Celeste Dubois. Nothing would give her greater satisfaction than ripping into her throat. This was the witch who had messed her with brain and ruined her memories.

She was the reason she couldn't remember how her pack died. She was the reason she couldn't remember her mate.

Artemis wanted vengeance.

But that would have to wait.

Klaus and Rebekah were in danger and needed all the help they could get.

Elijah's skin had names tattooed across his body that randomly appeared. Names of the women that Celeste had inhabited.

Marcel had explained to the small group of them that it was a Devinette. Solve the riddle and it would disappear. Celeste wanted to play a game; they would play.

Celeste was mocking Elijah's choice of choosing Hayley and the baby rather than his siblings.

Artemis stayed with Hayley at the compound as Elijah and Marcel ventured out to understand how the women died. He was on the phone to them, giving them an update.

"She killed herself?" Hayley asked referring to the name of Annie La Fleur.

"Yes, drowned herself in the Mississippi, to be precise. Celeste was clearly tired of the body and ready to take Sabine's."

"How do you know that?"

"Because she leaped to her death from the very location Celeste and I had our first kiss."

"How very poetic." Artemis rolled her eyes.

"All these names, these lives, stolen that Celeste might take her revenge. I suppose we have no choice but to see where they take us. Hayley, Artemis, I have to go. I'll call you back."

"Elijah, wait!"

"What is it?"

"Ask Marcel if he knows anything about a name on that list - Brynne Deveraux. Sophie said that it was her family's bloodline that put the curse on the Crescent wolves, but Celeste said that she was the only one that could break it. If Brynne Deveraux was actually Celeste when she cast the spell, then maybe Celeste can still break it."

"I'll see what he knows."

"Elijah, I'm really sorry that you're going through this. If I had known that Celeste made you choose who to help—"

"You were going to die in that fire along with my brother's child. There was no choice." Elijah hung up the phone without a goodbye.

"He's right you know." Artemis said pulling Hayley's attention towards her.