THREE

𝐀𝐋𝐏𝐇𝐀
↳ THREE;
INTOXICATED

𝐀𝐋𝐏𝐇𝐀↳ THREE;INTOXICATED

⋄ ⧫ ⟡ ⧫ ⋄

ARTEMIS LENNOX COULDN'T HELP BUT BE drawn into the party at the Abattoir. She had gone to the quarter in need of a strong drink. She was done with this stupid pull bringing her back to New Orleans. For weeks, she had found nothing. Every time she went to leave, it pulled her back in, only to stop and not lead her anywhere exact.

She was desperate to drink and party her mind away. She was slightly shocked to hear that Marcel didn't even invite her. Her presence worried him, he told her the innings and outings of whatever was going on in the city since she had arrived. She had been invited to the previous ones, so what was different about this one?

She brushed past the bouncers stamping everyone's wrists easily and headed straight to the bar.

Tequila shots were on her mind. Her wolf was on edge and she chose to push her to the back of her mind. After her fifteenth shot, she started to feel a little looser. It took a lot for her to get drunk, not that it would last long anyway.

She moved to the centre of the dance floor, her hips swaying to the music, letting loose.

She slowed her dancing, when her wolf pushed forward, letting her know how tense she was. She was pacing and looking around, as if she was anticipating something to happen.

Artemis huffed in annoyance and decided to sip her new drink of Whiskey at the edge of the dance floor. She eyed the dancers to see if anything was wrong, but she couldn't see anything. She headed up to the balcony where she would have an advantage.

Luckily, she moved at the correct time as all the vampires began to feed on the humans.

She was absolutely disgusted, watching them bite into any spare inch of skin they could latch onto.

A shiver ran through her spine. Her wolf perked up, hairs standing on end. She hadn't felt like this in a long time. All of her senses hit her at once. The scent was so intoxicating that she felt like she was going to fall to the floor. It was all she could smell, invading her senses and sending her tumbling. It consumed her.

Turning to her left, her eyes found the man following close behind Marcel. Her eyes couldn't leave the stranger.

Mate.

But that wasn't what it was. She had her mate. He was gone. But this man was giving her all the same feelings like he did. It was the same, but it wasn't.

Her heart was racing at an impossible speed. This couldn't be real.

"Artemis! What a surprise. I didn't think you'd be coming tonight." Marcel greeted. He tried to hide his nerves, but Artemis could hear them clear as day.