TWENTY THREE

𝐀𝐋𝐏𝐇𝐀
↳ TWENTY THREE;
INITIATION

𝐀𝐋𝐏𝐇𝐀↳ TWENTY THREE;INITIATION

⋄ ⧫ ⟡ ⧫ ⋄

ARTEMIS STOOD IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STAGE. She was dressed in complete white, as per tradition for the initiation ceremony. Today was the day that wolves were going to join their pack.

She had spoken to the pack that came from Klaus' bloodline and they couldn't have been more excited to join. They wanted to feel whole again and Artemis was offering them that. Plus having the perks of being able to shift whenever they wanted, overjoyed them.

She had invited Hayley, a few of the Crescent wolves and Elijah to come and watch what a functioning Lycan pack actually looked like. To her annoyance, Klaus had tagged along.

They hadn't really spoken since their argument the other day,

Thanks to Elijah compelling the builders, the pack grounds had finished being built in record time. They worked non-stop to get it all completed as quick as possible, of course, with breaks and ample time to sleep.

When she first walked around the grounds with Atlas and Esmeray, they were all in utter shock of how good it looked. They would finally be home again, finally have a pack.

The crowd before her was big, not as many as she was used to, but it was a start. Thirty wolves had turned up wanting to be a part of the Lycan pack. 

When word got around that the Lycan pack was back and stronger than ever, more would come running.

Atlas and Esmeray stood slightly behind her, they had a stone bowl placed on a podium next to them.

Hayley had nominated herself to look after Elio, always enjoying spending time with the toddler.

"Welcome to Red Moon Pack. This has been a long time coming. Although, I once thought I'd never be back here. But it's time. This is our home. This is our forest and we aren't going anywhere. Red Moon was once a united front, the strongest pack, I intend for us to be that again." Artemis addressed the crowd.

"Our pack runs a bit differently. Upon joining, you'll gain some new abilities. No more succumbing to the full moon, you'll be able to shift whenever you want. You'll have access to the pack link: the ability to be communicate with anyone in the pack through your mind. At first it will be hard, but you'll get used to it. In this pack, we are family. We look out for one another. We push each other to the limits to get better, to get stronger. If you can't handle that then I suggest you leave." Artemis paused for effect, waiting for anyone to leave. No-one did.

"Well, then, let's get started shall we?" She smiled a wolfish grin.

Esmeray stepped forward, being the Beta Female. "This is how it'll work. We call your name, you come up to the stage, slice your hand and your blood merges with Alpha Artemis'. She'll push into your mind and you'll be part of the pack."

Atlas called out the first name. "Jaxon Scott."

The wolf stepped out from the crowd and walked his way up the stage. The three Lycan's sent him an encouraging smile.

He stood opposite Artemis and Esmeray stepped between them holding the bowl. Atlas first passed Jaxon the knife in which he used to slit his hand.

Artemis did the same once he was done. They gripped hands letting the blood pour into the bowl.

Once she felt a connection establish, Artemis' wolf pushed forwards into Jaxon's mind, making herself known.

"Welcome to Red Moon Jaxon." She said through the link she had just made.

He jumped in surprise but then laughed, a wide grin appearing on his face.

It was a long process, but eventually everyone had joined the pack. She could feel all the new voices in her mind. It was a welcoming feeling, having a pack again.

"And now, we party!" Atlas cheered, jumping off the stage and going to talk to some of the new wolves.

⋄ ⧫ ⟡ ⧫ ⋄

The celebrations were in full swing. A lot of the new pack members had shifted into their wolves, multiple times, happy with the fact that they could. As soon as Atlas had told them that it will start to hurt less, a lot of them jumped at the chance to shift.

The more times they shifted, the quicker the pain would disappear and they could shift within seconds.

Artemis stood at the drinks table, pouring herself a glass of whiskey.

A figure stood closely behind her, looking over her shoulder.

"Pour me one will you, love?" Klaus asked.

She held in her groan of annoyance. She grabbed another glass and poured him one as well. She turned around to pass it to him and he still didn't move. They were too close for her liking.

Her wolf was jumping for joy, whereas she was screaming on the inside.

He was watching her, a smirk on his face as he sipped from the glass.

"How many times have you shifted into your wolf?" Artemis randomly asked him. She'd been wondering this for a while, ever since she really met the Hybrid. He loved to shout the fact about that he was a Hybrid, but she had never seen his wolf side.

"Wanting me to join your pack, are we?"

"No. I'm just curious. Answer the question."

"Twice." He answered honestly.

"Why?"

"I don't need to, I'm strong enough as it is."

Artemis laughed loudly. "You call yourself the Hybrid but you don't even acknowledge your werewolf side. You may see your vampire side as stronger, but your wrong. There is nothing like being a wolf, there is no power like it. You want to be a formidable opponent? Learn your own strengths Klaus Mikaelson." She patted his chest in farewell, leaving him behind.

She left him thinking.

Klaus had never really thought about his werewolf side before. It was just there, enhancing his power as a vampire. But maybe Artemis was right, what would he be like if he gave the wolf control.

⋄ ⧫ ⟡ ⧫ ⋄

AN: hi all just wanted to let you know that my Etsy account is up for embroidered sweatshirts: Harry Potter, marvel, TVD and Star Wars
Boxroomdesignsshop.Etsy.com