FOUR

𝐀𝐋𝐏𝐇𝐀
↳ FOUR;
DANCING WITH THE DEVIL

𝐀𝐋𝐏𝐇𝐀↳ FOUR;DANCING WITH THE DEVIL

⋄ ⧫ ⟡ ⧫ ⋄

STEPPING INSIDE OF ROUSSEAU'S, Artemis was relieved to recognise the familiar senses. Alcohol was calling her name.

Her nightmares had hit her hard last night. She was the one killing her parents, killing her pack, killing her mate.

It wasn't true, but it still had the same effect. She needed a drink to wash away the pain. The pain that haunted her most nights.

Opening the door, she booked it straight to the bar, smiling when she noticed that Cami was working. In the weeks that Artemis had been in New Orleans, Cami had also arrived.

Cami was Artemis' favourite bartender by far, and they would talk for hours if they could. She even told Cami about her nightmares, her headaches, but sparing the details, only how they were getting worse the more she was here.

Cami placed Artemis' order of red wine on the bar, knowing that it was one of those days if she was in this early.

"I like you, Cami. Most girls have the unfortunate tendency of being whiny little twits."

Artemis rolled her eyes at hearing the voice of Rebekah, the vampire, she had briefly met a couple nights before.

"Thanks...I think." Cami replied, confusion swirling in her eyes.

"Hey, I'm supposed to go to his posh charity thing thrown by this philanthropist tonight. He's a bit of a Gatsby, throws a mean party. Any interest?"

Artemis watched with amusement as Cami smiled, shrugging.

"Cami O'Connell going to a party. Now that's a sight to see." Artemis teased, pushing herself into the conversation.

Rebekah eyed the woman warily, "Are you going, Artemis?"

"Alcohol, fancy dress, hiding behind masks? Wouldn't miss it." She smirked, her fingers drumming on the bar top.

"You two know each other?" Cami asked, intrigued.

"We're....acquaintances." Rebekah thought, not knowing exactly what they were.

"We have a mutual friend." Artemis confirmed, smiling brightly at Cami.

Cami nodded her head slowly, she could feel the tension in the air. Rebekah didn't know what to think of Artemis, she was an enigma she needed to uncover, for the sake of Hayley and Nik's unborn child. Sh just didn't know if Artemis was a friend or foe.

"See you both tonight." Rebekah announced, standing up from her stool to exit the bar.

Artemis wiggled her fingers in goodbye and continued to sip at her red wine.