cute

"It's Valentine's Day."

I looked up from my phone, noticing the dreamy and love struck look stuck on my friend's face.

"Now, who has managed to stun you so much?"

"Mhm." Not satisfied with her answer, I raised an eyebrow but did not ask further.

"Anyone you asking?"

"Ask what?"

"On a date, duh."

"No one attracts my attention." I stated, looking back at my phone. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Xue'er grin.

"Are you sure?"

"Certain."

"Alright then." She sighed. I wasn't the type to be cheesy and romantic. Valentine's Day was just another bitter way for life to tell me that I was single.

"I have to gay- I mean, go."

"Have fun on your date and don't do anything stupid."

"Excuse me? You're the one doing stupid shit most of the time!"

"Fair." She giggled at my response and walked out of the cafe. Great, it's just me now.

Sighing, I closed my eyes and envisioned myself, cuddling with my cat, at home, drinking hot chocolate. Like Christmas.

"Excuse me? Is this seat taken?"
_________________________________________

YU YAN POV

I entered the cafe, cringing at the pink and red Valentine's Day decorations. Being single sucks.

Scanning the cafe, I tried to find an empty seat. That wasn't occupied by a couple. Finally spotting an empty seat, I made my way there. The girl sitting opposite had her head thrown back, too engrossed in her own thoughts to even hear me walking towards her.

"Excuse me? Is this seat taken?"

My voice must had made her startled since she nearly fell out of her chair. A pink tint appeared on her face as she shyly shook her head.

"Thanks." I smiled gratefully as the girl looked at her phone. Honestly, she was beautiful. Once I had ordered my coffee, I patiently waited for it. I fished out the book I had been reading and flipped through the pages, propping it up on the table as I drank my coffee.

"Wuthering Heights.." My ears perked up at the voice. Barely a whisper. A shocked one.

"You've read it?"

"Ye-Yeah..."

"Its great, isn't it?" I asked, happy that someone had finally read this classic. She nodded, her gaze still fixated on the book cover.

I guess she's quiet.

"Do you want to hear a joke?"

She nodded uncertainly.

"Why are Saturdays and Sundays stronger than the rest?" Confusion roused up in her face.

"Because the rest are weekdays." I flashed a goofy grin, anticipating her reaction. She widened her eyes and burst out laughing. Fuck, why is her laughter so contagious?

"That was strangely funny."

I chuckled and put down my book, wanting to converse more with this mystery girl.