work

I groped the side for Jiaqi's body, only to realise Jiaqi wasn't in bed.

I jolted upright, frantically looking around for her.

I got up from the bed and sprinted to the living room when I finally spotted the fox sipping tea, video calling Yuxin. I heaved a sigh of relief and walked towards Jiaqi who was sitting on the couch.

"Hello, Yu Yan!"

Jiaqi snapped her head back at Yuxin's sudden greeting and smiled widely.

"Bye bye, Yuxin."

Jiaqi waved at Yuxin and ended the video call.

"You're awake!"

I frowned.

"Didn't we agree to not leave the bed if the other person isn't awake yet? You scared me half to death!"

I sighed. Jiaqi pouted.

"Yuxin called me and I didn't want to wake you up so I came here.."

She explained, getting up from the couch. She waddled towards me and pulled me into a hug.

"Come on~, don't be angry."

She whined. I sighed and hugged her back, wrapping my hands around her waist.

She nuzzled her head into the crook of my neck as I walked, carrying her, to the kitchen.

"I have to make breakfast. Let go, babe."

I kissed Jiaqi's forehead. She then reluctantly removed her arms from my torso and stood patiently beside me.

Halfway through the process, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

"Jiaqi."

"What? I wanted to hug you."

"I might cut myself if you do this."

I could see Jiaqi pouting as I turned behind.

Jiaqi was leaning on my back as I prepared breakfast. A few minutes passed as I heard Jiaqi's phone ring.

"Who's that?"

"Lemme go check. Oh, it's Shuxin and Xiaotang."

Jiaqi answered the phone and was greeted with a loud "Hai!"

Probably Shuxin. I silently fried the bacon and eggs and placed them on the plates.

"Jiaqi, breakfast's done."

I informed her. She looked up and nodded.

"Okie, bye bye!"

"Why do they keep on calling you?"

"Because of the pandemic, I think. While we are living together, they're separated. Luckily, Keke is with Keyin so only Shuxin, Anqi, Xiaotang, Yuxin, Xue'er are separated."

"Ah, okay."

She sat down next to me as we ate our breakfast. Noticing her hand on the table, I slid mine on top of hers and covered it.

"Don't you have work right now?"

"Yeah."

"Shouldn't you go to work?"

"Working from home, Jiaqi. Anyway I don't have to check in so early."

"Oh ok."

Jiaqi and I finished eating and cleaned up. I quickly took a shower and brought out my laptop.

Moments later, I felt a head slide onto my shoulder.

"Hm?"

I turned around and saw Jiaqi sleeping soundly.

"Cute."

I smiled to myself, wondering how I lucky I was to have someone like her in my life.

I turned back and continued to work.

It's already 2 o'clock. Jiaqi still isn't awake yet. But I want to move.

I thought and stared at the girl.

"Jiaqi~"

I poked her cheek.

"Wake up."

"Mhm."

She groaned and shook her head.

I sighed and gave up trying to wake her up.

"Jiaqi, really. You have to wake up. My shoulders are sore."

Immediately after hearing this, Jiaqi opened her eyes.

"Sowwy, do you want a massage?"

I declined her offer and instead gave her a light peck on the lips.

"It's fine."

I continued to stare at her and she slowly blushed.

"Why do you keep on staring at me?"

"I'm just thinking how I managed to end up with an angel like you."