" Owwwww , sorry . I was just joking kitten owwww ! "- he rubbed his head and knelt down to pick something.

" Don't ever say that again * giggles * , what's this fruit anyway , "- I asked as I stared at the tiny remains of the delicious fruit .

" Sweet death , "-

I immediately dropped the fruit as I turned to look at him .

" IT KILLS ? "- I yelled .

He got up from the ground with a flower in hand .

" Of course , that's why it's called sweet death "- he said and tucked the purple flower in my hair .

" Purple is really your colour , "- he said getting up and walking away .

I controlled my breathing and ran after him again ; " what's wrong with you Mark . You've been acting strange , is something bothering you ? "

" You , You are wrong with me . " - he whispered and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear .

" What ? What has you acting strange got to do with me , "- I whispered .

" The fruit is called Sweet death because you can only eat it once in a year . "- he said . Why did he change the topic but at least I know I'm not going to die .

" Why did you change... "-

" Please don't ask anymore questions , "- he cut me short and laid down on a pile of leaves .

" Come on , lay down with me . This part of the woods is safe . "- he said while patting a spot beside him .

" Could you at least promise to tell me what I'm doing to make you like this" -
I asked . He nodded so I took a place beside him and laid down with my head beside him .The comfort eventually sent me to sleep as he warmly rubbed my arms .

A few hours later.

" Scarlet ! Scarlet ! "- I heard my named being yelled so close to my ear I jolted up .

" What ? "- I yawned as my anger suddenly transformed to tiredness .

" Where did the both of you go ! "- Maya asked .

" I don't know * yawns * he took me somewhere , plucked sweet death for me and then we slept and then you two interrupted me and then I ended explaining things to you two and then I ended my explanation "- I explained with a genuine smile .

" Real funny Scarlet , "- Maya said with a laugh .

" We were just asking because you both came back with you soundly sleeping on his back , " - she continued as she laid down .

" Wait , where am I ? "- I asked and realised we were all in a tent. We must be back . Did Mark seriously carry me again . I must be as heavy as a feather then .

" No need to answer that , "- I immediately cut Maya off .

" Did he put that flower there ? "- Maya asked with a giggle .

" Yeah , "- i mumbled.

I turned to look at Beatrice who looked so sad .

" What is it Beatrice ? "- she turned to me with a sad smile and wiped a tear away .

" Nothing , you can go on . "- she replied .

" What do you mean nothing , you were crying , " - Maya asked as she went forward to hug her .

" It's just that ... Madeline is making my staying there unbearable sometimes "- she explained then smiled again .

" I can teach her a very good lesson if you just say the word , "- I remarked and went to join the hug as well .

" It's fine , I'll be alright . "- she reassured .

We broke the hug and went outside after the boys had called us .

Woah , it was dark . Did I sleep for that long ? .

They were seated around a pit of fire and roasting something on a stick .

Marshmallows ! - they rejoiced and ran to join them .

I sat by Jared as he quietly roasted his .
I've known him for a while and I'm sure I've only heard less than a hundred words come out of his mouth . I wonder why ? No need , I'm sure I can break him .

He handed me a stick with the marshmallow thing on it .

I looked at Mark and saw him already staring at me . He gave me a wink and concentrated back on his Marshmallow. Ugh the butterflies again. .Where are they coming from ?

" Scarlet ! "- I heard a giggle when Maya nudged my hand .

I turned to her as she nodded to the direction of the fire .

" Oh no , "- I replied with a laugh when I found out my marshmallow has completely been burnt .

Jared smiled then gave me his ;
" Thanks " .
I had my first taste while Jared had to roast another one .

It was Amazing . I hummed and took another bite .

" Very nice , "- I smiled staring at the others in satisfaction .

" Glad we could help, "- Kelvin replied .

We conversed for a while around the fire while I had Jared explain a few things about my new phone .

He has managed to teach me
1. How to make a phonecall .
2. How to chat on WhatsApp .
3 . Still teaching me a few phone settings .

We took a while but I eventually got a hang of it .

The rest made their way to their tents ; Kelvin sending out the contagious yawning .

We all got tired and it still bothers me how I'm sleeping so much right now .

The rest went to bed leaving Mark and I alone .

I sighed then walked into our tent and made myself comfortable under my blanket .

Mark later came inside , laid down and intently watched me struggle to fall asleep .

" You can sleep by my side , "- he whispered then patted a space beside him .

" Don't worry , I'm fine here . "-
" Why are you still like this , "- I whispered .

" Don't worry , I'll be fine by tomorrow kitten . "- he mumbled closing his eyes .

A/N

Sweet death huh ...