C h a p. 8

Candys POV

I opened my eyes and seen a bright light that hurt my eyes and made my head hurt.

"Finally your awake how are you?"
A voice asked. I looked over and a man with a white coat on with the name Dr. Taylor written on it. I was in the hospital.

"I'm fine" I said. My mouth was dry and I needed some water.

"That's good to hear are you in any pain?" He asked looking at a chart.

"No I have a headache though" I said. That was the only thing that was hurting me. I wasn't hurting that's weird. I got shot. Maybe they gave me medicine.

"Well miss Williams your temporarily paralyzed" he said. I tried to sit up but I couldn't move my legs.

"Temporarily paralyzed what ?" I asked confused.

"Yes from the waist down it's not serious you should be able to walk in a few weeks with the help of therapy" he said. I sighed.

"I have a career that requires my legs how am I suppose to work what am I going to do?" I asked him like he would know. Johnny's gonna kill me i can't work and he needs me to work.

"I'm so sorry a detective will be in to ask you questions a little later on if you need anything just press that button and I'll be here as soon as possible" he said. I nodded.

"And fill this out I'll be back in about 5 minutes" he said handing me a clip board and a pen.

******

I woke up because I felt like somebody was watching me. I looked up and it was King staring at me. I sighed.

"Stop looking at me like that" I said. He smirked.

"You moan in your sleep" he said. I rolled my eyes.

"No I don't" I said.

"You do and farted" he said smiling. I smiled and gave him the bird.

"You heard?" He asked looking at my legs. I sighed.

"Yes I did" I said.

"You know what that mean right?" He asked.

"What?" I asked confused.

"You gotta let me take care of you" he said. I laughed.

"Ima grown ass woman I can take care of myself King paralyzed or not" I said shaking my head.

"Where do you live ima have my boys go pick up your stuff and take it to my crib" he said getting his phone out of his pocket.

"Did you not hear me I can take care of myself" I said getting an attitude. I barely know this nigga and he want me to move in. Well I do know him but not really know him.

"So you not gone tell me ? That's coo ima just buy you some new clothes and shoes well ima get Kenya to do that I can't shop for females" he said ignoring what I just told him.

"King don't waste your money I'm not staying witchu" I said. He pulled his phone up to his ear ignoring me again.

"Yo come to room 3250" he said and then hung up the phone and started to stare at me again.

"So your real name Evelyn" he said. I mugged him.

"Who told you that?" I asked.

"Your sister I thought you didn't have a sister" he said. I rolled my eyes.

"I don't" I said.

"So Kim's not your sister?" He asked.

"You ask so many questions" I said shaking my head.