Chapter19-Phantasm

Charlotte
I watch her face and wonder what little dreams are playing in her head . She's had the same intense frown for the past few minutes and her baby fist is curled up into my shirt . I can't help but think that maybe what happened with her dad and me has seeped into her thoughts and she's replying it . I know I had . Normally when things happen people classify it as crazy or bad but with this , this is leaving me hollow . I'm emotionally pained and that's all my mind can connect with right now.

I didn't want to see what the damage was to my face so I had smeared on as much concealer as possible and only glanced briefly at myself . As i applied it I kept having to stop because my puffed skin stung ,my ears still ringing  . The physical pain must be affecting the baby because he's been moving all night . That's the shit that really is upsetting me , that there was no way to separate baby Vince from this . He's responding to my distress because he had witnessed it and for he and his sister's sake this could never ever happen again . I was going to make damn sure that it didn't.

I feel so protective of both of them now in a way I guess I hadn't in since I'd become a mom. I knew that if we both allowed our anger to spill into our family that we were Infringing on the peace that every child deserves . Despite what ever shit he and I are going through this should never be the outcome where we take our attention off of providing a peaceful environment for our household. I run my hands down my entire stomach to soothe my growing baby, hopefully to impart some comfort to him . I feel at peace as his movement becomes less frantic and his sister too eases the tight expression on her face .

I've been at the double window for who knows how long just rocking Vivi and looking out . Outside and tucked away out of sight is his car. He had been in the house . I know it because I had put all the timed security lock's on and when I checked it , it had been disarmed. I don't know how the hell he did that because the baby and I slept downstairs the entire night . I went through the house to see if he was here and despite the fact that it creeped me out , I went out to the garage and was surprised.

 I went through the house to see if he was here and despite the fact that it creeped me out , I went out to the garage and was surprised