Chapter 11 - Goodbyes

I keep focusing in and out of what she's saying

I keep focusing in and out of what she's saying . She's a on site psychiatrist and has been sitting in front of me for the past hour . She adjusts the white blanket around me because I'm shivering , shaking . I'm stiff and the movement in front of me seems slowed as i look past her, above the nurse who is also in the room. I hear her say that I'm catatonic because i haven't moved in hours .

I had barely made it in the door of the clinic because i was so doubled over in pain when they wheeled me in back . Soon they were pulling at me , cutting my clothes and putting me in a ugly blue gown and when the bleeding wouldn't stop , i was transferred to community hospital . In the ambulance i could feel myself fade away , my vision go completely white.

" sweetheart , can we at least call your partner and have him come down here? I'm sure he would want to be here to support you." The psych doctor says in a way that i had always wanted my mom to talk to me.

" Charlotte sweetie i want you to understand something ,this happens to 1 in 4 women .. it's completely natural and is no indication that moving forward you would have any complications carrying and delivering a healthy baby ."

She didn't use that word to spare my feelings, but it keeps flashing in my head , Miscarriage. I had bleed our baby out . Nothing was left .

" we want to keep you a few more hours just to-."

I interrupt her .

" where's is it ? I'll leave when you give me back my baby ... please just give it back ... PLEASE .."

I cry so hard as the nurse rushes to my side and i can see tears welding up in her eyes too .

" you took it ... he's gonna be so mad you took our baby. He's going to hurt you. ... give her back to me ... you threw her away! .. you did! ..."

I'm screaming, like someone's ripped my heart out of my chest .

I peel off the tape from my arm and start to pull out the I.V. when both of the women try to hold me down, but i struggle against them.

" my baby ... my poor baby ... oh god ...."

I scream as loud as i can to try and purge my pain .Suddenly there's noting . I hurt so bad , so deep that i just stop and fall back onto the bed .
————————————————————-
Vince

My adrenaline rushes through my veins as i come home to no one there except guy who won't stop barking until i pick him up . As i charge through the house my mind flashes back to him on the ground and how his color drained , his life slipping off into a unknown place. There was a weird look on his face as that last breath escaped his lungs that would haunt me forever . I switch my mind off because i know tomorrow when i see Alfonso I'll have to explain . For now , i don't give a damn.

There's chicken and cut up vegetables on the counter like she was getting ready to cook . I know her, she must've forgotten something and had to run out to the store . This happened all the time , especially when I wasn't here to get the stuff for her .She should be home in a few minutes. least now , l have some time .