Chapter 15 -Ice Cold

Charlotte - 2019
I'm half asleep as my mind swirls around scattered cthoughts . It seems like that's what happens when I'm here alone . Flashes of all these years make me feel like I've lived a whole lot more then just my twenty three years . Twenty three. I have to say it had been so far my best. In the past months i had experienced more joy then i think i had ever and I earned it . For all those nights I'd eat cereal with water or, go days with no lights. I had earned the right to smile and have the life that most people envied . As much as i have to be thankful for though , there's something missing , something i have to do .

I can't sleep . I get up and realize that Vince is still gone . See we had plans .. well, i did at least . I had pulled out all my toys and blindfold just to have a little alone time and he had promised me he would be home before sunset and so far he was failing miserably. I look over at the huge spread that i had laid out on the dining room table ; the fine china all set in place and fresh baked rolls hell, i had even made dessert and now he's nowhere to be found .

Time had made me understand him better . This was a man who would come home at the end of the day and remind me that i was special . I laugh now at how naive i was back then when i would scold him for his choices . Now I figure If he would've worked a normal job we would still be in some stale apartment working like crazy and for what, just to make rent for the month? That's insane to me now . Maybe there was a bit of danger involved with what he does , but i know he has men who are responsible for keeping him away from that as much as possible .He's a very hard man to get to . I'm actually very proud of him because he owns and runs successful businesses and it's because he had worked so hard for us that now he's able to help me with my dreams and pass on his business knowledge to me . Forgive me if i don't feel guilty or see a down side to any of this.

I begin to angrily spoon the sausage and peppers into the Tupperware and just that quick I catch a major attitude . I hated being home alone come night because i was still adjusting to our house which was ironically the biggest one on the block .

 I remember when we drove by and i told him that it reminded me of a place that a sweet family would live in and the next thing i know we were meeting with the owners

I remember when we drove by and i told him that it reminded me of a place that a sweet family would live in and the next thing i know we were meeting with the owners . I could tell that they didn't want to sell it to us probably because of our age among other things ,but once Vince started breaking the bill tape and counting out 100 dollar bills, they got real friendly and just like that , it was ours.

I felt lost the day we moved in because i knew we weren't that cute family i pictured should live here. I was so spoiled by enzo with the expensive clothes, new cars , and even my own boutique but things were not normal for my husband and i and that was fine by me.

Yes I, Charlotte Jade Hutton legally wed Vincenzo Niall Regio at the botanical gardens a year ago. We were surrounded by a fluffy heart shaped floral arrangement , the sky a perfect blend of autumn and sunshine and we kept kissing during the ceremony which really pissed off the justice of the peace .