Chapter 16-Plot twist

Chapter 16
Vince
Inside my office I hold up . Thinking . Two hours of sleep will do that for you when you've spent the night having your daughter claw at your eyes just for fun . As tired as i am i can't help but laugh because she's such a night owl , wanting to be up checking things out which meant that last night i was on daddy duty while mommy slept comfortably. I need to get my energy up so i take a upper , not speed, but something similar that's less harmful . I had completely left the other shit behind so this was my only vice and i had even let mah know about it . I told her i needed it just to be able to get through the day . I especially need something right now .

As i fold up the gold unmarked envelop filled with money the scratch across my knuckles finally catches my attention . Shit . Now it comes back to me , like I had maybe pushed it so far aside that I forgot about it . He did struggle , reaching up for me but my fist connected with his jaw and dazed him as i stood by while Elio, one of my new soldiers , pulled the rope tighter and tighter until it unraveled and broke .I didn't even blink as I watched the fear in his eyes hecobvulsed around like a fish out of water before he went limp and slid to the ground . It was brutal but he had to go , he had betrayed me . The only guy that I had known most of my life was gone. After making ken , his douche bag associate watch , I shot him point blank and watched his body fall onto Greene's.

A couple weeks before I had found out that he , Greene , was stealing from me . Over the years he had gained my trust and since he had recently made police captain I figured that him taking a bigger role with the business would be a benefit. I was having him pick up the cash from our street jobs and he even worked for my automotive company ,but when he would do the deals he would lie about what he collected and keep so much for himself . The son of a bitch had even been planning on trying to take some my guys, and starting a small crew in order to keep all the money and give them smaller cuts . He worked with ken , the asshole whose window I had broken when he tried to extort mah years ago, did everything they could to take my spot . What he didn't plan on was that I had been watching. I figured maybe it was a one time thing that could be handled with discipline and me cutting ties with him but this went on for a weeks . He was walking around cocky , telling people he would take all my connects and workers . All the shit talking got back to me. One by one the guys who he had talked to told me everything . That was it , I was done making excuses for him.

My phone buzzes and I look at the message from aunt Daniella that reads : did you take the dogs to the groomer ?

" yesterday... I'll be over soon ." I reply and place the phone down.

We had a way of communicating that couldn't possibly leave a trace . See "Daniella" was in fact my aunt who was married to Alfonso so the number and the phone were billed to her . Thing is ,uncle Alfonzo was the only one using the phone . After each conversation I would isolate messages or just remove aunt Daniella from my messaging interface altogether. We also were sure to only use Verizon because they were the only phone carrier to not keep text and phone history.