𝟏𝟒 | The Advice

Börja om från början

What I'm I forgetting?

I huff and twist on my bed still burning my gaze on the stack of my books when it clicks.

My schedule!

I usually write my schedule and put it on my reading table. I climb down from my bed looking for the paper when I finally see the pink sticky note.

Firstly, I'm going to face the disciplinary committee tomorrow. Secondly, Derek is ignoring me which makes me feel awful. Thirdly, Kiki has not been online since yesterday and I am so worried. Heck her line is even switched off....all because of me. Fourthly, the annoying lady from church that indirectly insulted me. And now, I have mid continuous assessment (CA) test by Wednesday, and basketball routines to practice from the school's online coach since our big game with Forrester Academy is close.

Could my life get anymore interesting?

I quickly put my fluffs on and walk down the stairs in light steps to pick a cartoon of cornflakes, tin milk, random cubes of sugar, a plate and water making sure no one sees me while tiptoeing and looking round. My mission would have been complete but a voice stops me on my tracks when I'm about to leave the kitchen.

"What do you think you are doing young lady? And why are you still on your outing clothes?"

Shoot! Caught red-handed.

I slowly turn round to face Uncle Tee who stares at me in utter confusion and amusement.

"Umm...I-" What do I say now? That I decided to steal cornflakes from your kitchen so that I can have my lunch in my room? Okay, that sounds dumb. "I'm sorry." I finally say with a remorseful expression as no explanation in this world, would justify my stupid action. My uncle remains silent as he whistles and opens the huge refrigerator by his side and brings out a bottle of...honey?

"I have told you countless of times that this is also your home. So why tiptoeing around?" Should I answer him..or is that a rhetorical question? "Next time, try honey with cornflakes. Sugar is not that healthy." He flings the bottle at me and on instinct reflex, I juggle all the items to my other hand while catching the honey bottle successfully. My uncle face lits up instantly. Before walking off, he pats my shoulder and I'm sure I heard him mumble something like, 'She's really great with her basketball skills.'

Should I be worried that my uncle did not punish me for sneaking food to my room? Or should I be worried that he is encouraging me? Before overthinking things, I run up the lengthy spiral stairs and lock myself in my room. I can as well enjoy my Sunday afternoon in peace.

***

Okay maybe I was wrong about having a peaceful afternoon. After downing myself in a bowl of cornflakes, I am halfway through the online basketball lecture until some people decided to play loud music.

Aramide, concentrate.

"...If the offensive team puts the ball into play behind the mid-court line, it has ten seconds to get the ball over the mi.."