𝟑𝟎 | Simply a rendezvous

Chapter dedication: To the whole #WattNaija team. You guys are the best and I can proudly call y'all my sisters for life🤍🤍

And to my faithful readers, the old and new, ghost readers join. I love y'all for your encouragement. Please endeavor to share this book to your friends and all.

New cover alert!!! Yayyyy!
By KosisoChikezie. I love itttt❤

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: Gum Body – Burna boy ft. Jorja Smith

For the price of a prostitute is only a loaf of bread.
𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓫𝓼 6:26

In other words, don't be a hoe :)

"...In conclusion, I do hope I have been able to convince but not confuse you, that Bruce Wayne is better than Tony Stark. Thank you!" An involuntary snort-like-sound escapes my parted lips as Tobias does a mock bow to compliment his so-called debate, speech..whatever.

"If horses can fly, then I would succumb to that illicit conclusion of yours." I roll my eyes and make a gagging gesture. But internally, I am cheesing in sheer happiness and contentment. The date surprisingly went well – more than I ever imagined in my wildest fantasies.

I thought I was going to freak out and mess everything up; cause for starters, I never had to associate with guys for the past fifteen years of my life. And now a date? I guess you would agree with me on this one that I tried at least. It is not easy to learn reality in a harsh, raw and crude way.

The official opening ceremony of
Genesis cinemas' in the Lagos island branch was commissioned today at the heart of the city. It was a great and splendid choice since it was situated very close to the beach and had an exotic touch to it.

A lot of celebrities and top people flanked the occasion and I was happy that Tobias made it a surprise. If not for him, I wouldn't have known that there was a 'Genesis cinema located close to a beach and oh, celebrities are going to be in attendance.'

Fortunately for us both, he isn't a person of spotlight although he is a very popular celebrity. He skipped the signing in, and the meet n' greet  – where the celebrities are being interviewed about thier experience about the new branch, and how their movie experience was. We instead went to the restaurant part where they was ongoing discount, for each food and a free meal of appetizer for the opening ceremony. So you see, today has not been bad so far.

"You see," He intertwines his slender fingers on top of the Moroccan diner table and stares at me amusingly. "A wise man once said; never argue with a determined lady; a beautiful and pretty one at that." He finishes his statement as he darts his tounge to stylishly lick his bottom lip which of course, causes me to blush shyly.

"Are you the former in this case? Because obviously you can't be a wise man." I retort with a scoff and stylishly use my palms to soothe my flaming cheeks. Quirking his brows lazily, he replies.

"If I am not a wise man, who will? Besides I meant it when I said you're beautiful; and determined the same time." Can I see the emotions swirling behind those honey eyes of his? Of course not. He totally disguised with dark shades on his eyes and a black durag over his head. Trust me it is better to know how intensive someones' eyes are displaying, than not knowing what it is because of some stupid dumb shades.