𝟐𝟔 | Enthralled effect

Dedicated to Maryaden01 You're a babe for your words of encouragement♥️

*Pardon my mistake guys. I couldn't proofread!

We are nothing, but pencils in the hands of the creator.
-𝓦𝓪𝓵𝓮 𝓐𝓭𝓮𝓷𝓾𝓰𝓪

JAMAL NONSO is the perfect epitome of tsunami and tidal waves that comes crashing upon the unsuspecting inhabitants of earth. In this case, I am the latter and I am perfectly sure my life would never remain the same.

A lot of things has happened in my life just within a short span of months. I don't know if this is the consequences of being an antisocial person or if I am dancing to the tunes of reality. If this is how reality always messes up with someone's life, then I prefer to be the locked up kid who never had friends or problem from external forces from the onset.

You see, I am so pissed right now that the only source of my bestfriend-ship that doesn't judge me for who I am, is gone. Yeah I am referring to my freaking phone! How can he just fling my phone outside like that? I know what I saw on my phone screen minutes ago is worth terrifying to raise a man from coma but then..

"So," his voice suddenly resonates in the quietness of the car. I squirm and cross my hands over the exposed skin of my laps without raising my head up. "I heard from a little birdie, that you can dance exotically." His words causes all my bodily functions to freeze momentarily.

I can dance..exotically?

Nobody knows about my talent of dancing. Yes, I can dance and that has been an explicit passion since I was little but it isn't that exotic or special persay. I would always watch Barbie in the dream-house, Cinderella, sleeping beauty, Aladdin, Snow white and the seven dwarfs, Beauty and the Beast and multiples of Disney movie production that involves dancing and singing just to learn how to sing and dance like they do. Unfortunately, singing was dumped from onset because my voice isn't made for that. But dancing...

"I can't dance." I deadpan and twirl the hem of my T-shirt on my finger repeatedly and anxiously. Even my lips are now sore because of the way I am biting the life out of it. Nonetheless, I still don't look up to meet his keen gaze.

"Hmmm, I see." He replies in a duh tone and I roll my eyes subtly. If he doesn't believe me, that is his headache. I am still angry that he threw my phone outside like a common thing! Incase nobody knows this, Samsungs are more expensive than iPhones. Like I would rather choose Samsung ten times higher than a latest iPhone model.

That is by the way side though. Before he interrupted my thoughts, I was and I am still baffled on what he said previously - like he wants to kiss me again? Even the thought sounds so absurd in my head that I start chuckling all of a sudden. He can't be serious right? We have not kissed before and I am hundred percent sure of that.

He is probably nuts in the head.

"Are you usually like this?" He asks with a tinge of amusement, lacing his tone. I suddenly realise I was still chuckling and I immediately clamp my mouth shut to stop myself from being embarrassed further. My cheeks are flaming hot and my mind is swarming with many jeers and mockery, that I have fooled myself again and over again.

What a wonderful way of embarrassment Aramide.

"Umm, sorry." My voice is squeaky and tiny. I roll my eyes painfully, wondering how my voice sounds like a rat receiving punishment from a meat seller. I hear a soft chuckle at the background and I immediately become awed. Jamal hardly chuckles, smiles or laughs. Since I initially knew him, he was and is still the perfect representation of Squirdward from Spongebob Squarepants in Nickelodeon.