Chapter Eleven

A/N: I thought about cutting this chapter, then thought: "Well... It's already written..." and went along and edited it in. Hope you enjoy! Next chapter sparks more plot!

Emi

"Stop bugging me and get in your costumes."

"But you said we could come to your house!"

"That was when I thought you were fighting."

"We were!"

"No, you were acting," I snapped, shaking their hands from my shoulders.

The twins took a single step back, spreading their hands at the same time.

"A promise is a promise," Hikaru commented.

"I didn't know she was a promise breaker," Kaoru said.

"It would seem she is, though," Hikaru replied to his brother.

"I'M STANDING RIGHT HERE YOU BAKAS!"

They grinned, turning their eyes back to me.

"Bakas?" they chorused.

"Yes, bakas," I grumbled, throwing myself onto the couch and just glaring up at them. "I never promised anything."

After exchanging a look they took seats on each side of me and placed their arms over my shoulders.

"You did," Hikaru complained.

"She did," Kaoru agreed.

"You two are annoying."

"But you're not moving away," Hikaru pointed out. "So we must not be that annoying."

I started to jump to my feet just to have myself held firmly in place.

"That's why," I grumbled.

"You know, maybe she's jealous 'cause we called Haruhi our toy," Hikaru commented.

"Maybe that is it," Kaoru said.

"THAT'S NOT IT!"

"Don't worry," they said together cheerily. "You're our toy, too!"

A sinking feeling settled in my chest and I dropped my head with a sigh.

"That's what I was afraid of," I mumbled.

"As our toy, you should let us come over," Hikaru insisted.

"No."

"Bu-"

"No!"

"You two live alone, don't you?" Kaoru asked. "I heard on the news that your parents spend most of their time overseas. So what's the problem? You've had us over before."

I hesitated. At that moment Kyoya paused in front of us and adjusted his glasses.

"Hikaru, Kaoru, why aren't you dressed yet?"

The twins jumped to their feet when faced with the irritated Kyoya. Thankful, I flopped over on my stomach and just laid there as everyone went about their duties setting up for the theme today. After some time had passed by I felt someone take a seat at the end of the couch near my legs.

"Have they let up, yet?" Eri asked.

I didn't raise my head. She sighed and I could feel her adjust herself on the couch before propping her legs up on top of mine. I tensed a little as I could feel the heat coming off of them. Not for the first time, I considered the idea that she might have stayed home a few days ago not just because she was tired, but because of something more.