Chapter Eight

Eri

“They’re supposed to arrive after school today, aren’t they?” Emi asked.

I tensed, my hand pausing with the comb in mid-air. Not finding my voice right away, I simply glanced at her in my mirror. Emi was already completely dressed and prepared for school and had taken up her usual perch on the end of my bed.

“I guess.”

I could feel her eyes on me, but I in turn simply moved so that she wouldn’t be able to see my expression in the mirror. Instead I put down my comb and went to gathering my school things. When I did finally look at her, she was studying me with narrowed eyes. I rolled mine in return, hoping that she would take it at that. I had enough problems without her deciding to pay closer attention to me.

“There’s no need to worry,” she said finally. “I’ll be with you whenever we’re around them. I won’t leave you alone with him, okay?”

My eyes widened slightly at the thought and I quickly turned my back to her as I started for my bedroom door. Being alone with him… it took all I had to conceal the shaking that suddenly started up. Being alone with him wasn’t an option.

“Okay?”

I simply nodded, pulling open the door.

“Yeah,” I muttered.

Emi followed me and I now noticed that the bag she carried her school things was stuffed to the point that there were a few papers sticking out of the top. I raised my brow and she shrugged.

“I didn’t feel like taking my time carefully organizing everything,” she explained. “It was all thrown in a heap in the corner of my room, so I just stuffed it in.”

“... I’m supposed to be the messy one, aren’t I?”

Emi shrugged, amusement appearing in her previously suspicious gaze.

“I have my moments.”

Glad to have distracted her, I forced a laugh and shook my head.

“Only when it comes to school, right?”

______________________________________

“Why are you so beautiful, Tamaki-sama?”

When I tuned into the conversations flowing through the music room upon my entrance, I couldn’t help but sigh. These girls were ridiculous, but at the same time I had to admit had things been different I might have been the sort to fall for this sort of thing as well. Might being the key word.

Pushing aside the dizziness assaulting me when I reached my table, I laid out a textbook and dropped my bag on the floor next to my chair. Perhaps if I started studying I’d be able to just tune everything out. There was no need to pay attention to any of this mess.

______________________________________

Emi

"Of course, it's my job to take off the kimono, isn't it, Kaoru?" Hikaru asked, leaning completely over me as he placed a hand on his brother's shoulder.

"Hikaru! I'm embarrassed... not in front of everyone... please!" Kaoru pleaded, tears forming in his eyes.

"KYAAAA!!! Please! Do so! Let us see~"