Chapter Nineteen

Emi

"You're kidding."

I stared blankly at the pure white, button-up suit the twins had produced only moments after we'd arrived at their house. They simply beamed in response to my dumbfounded expression, seemingly pleased that I couldn't comprehend the meaning behind such a strange choice of outfit.

"Your mom's a fashion designer, right?" I questioned. "Any chance that skill skipped a generation?"

They snickered, Kaoru spinning around to produce yet another item from the closet behind him as Hikaru shoved the suit into my arms.

"Nope," he replied. "We're just pretty certain you're going to want that."

I frowned, studying him with a suspicious expression as Kaoru popped out of the closet with another two hangers in tow. One held a simple peach blouse, the other a pair of soft, black capris. Without any explanation, the items were shoved atop the unreasonable suit still settled in my arms.

"That's for the way there!" Kaoru announced.

"You'll change into the suit when we arrive where we're going," Hikaru added.

"Now change!" they chimed together.

For a moment, I simply stared at them, waiting for them to announce that this was some sort of joke and that I wasn't going to have to wear the stupid suit. When they simply continued to grin, I eventually sighed irritably and shuffled one arm out from underneath the pile of clothing to point at the door.

"Fine, but you have to get the hell out!"

Hikaru grinned, putting one hand palm up in the air.

"What, we're not allo-"

"Out."

"It's not like there's anything t--"

"Out, dammit!"

It took a bit more insistence on my end- meaning I dropped the clothing and physically shoved them out of the room- but I was eventually alone in what they'd introduced to me as one of their guest rooms. Apparently their mother stored the random finished pieces she would bring home in any closet in the building, which was how we'd ended up standing in this particular room. Once I was reasonably certain that the door was locked, I quickly stripped out of my school uniform and dropped it on the bed. Shooting the white suit one more, uncertain expression, I quickly pulled on the simple outfit I'd been handed.

All the while, I was trying to put together the reasoning behind their actions in my mind. Why would the twins suddenly abduct me? Tamaki had said that it was originally Kyoya's idea- Kyoya who'd left after I'd spun my tale that he had undying love for my sister. Furrowing my brow thoughtfully, I stepped over to one of the many mirrors in the room and turned about to examine myself. It was a simple outfit, so there wasn't much I could do to improve how it settled on me- as the fabric was rather clingy to be honest. Not that it bothered me all that much- Eri had always been the self-conscious one of our little duo.

It struck me then. Eri and I would start being easy to tell apart, soon. She was going to get skinny- skinnier than she already was. She'd get paler- anemia did that to a person. She'd probably get sick. Since she was so stubborn she wouldn't lose her hair this time- we'd have that one thing in common. One of my hands raised to finger one of the two outgrown bangs that usually caressed my face.

It was only a matter of time, now.

"Are you done yet?"

Startled, I spun from the mirror, the hair falling from my fingers. Almost on their own accord, both of my hands raised to rub the backs against my prickling eyes.