"Hey..." Brenda said trying to calm her down. Ellie began to clean her tears.

"I am sorry..." She smiled.

"I think you know how to deal with all his darkness, Ellie. Chris is always so smiley and happy when he is with you. He has his friends..."

Ellie interrupted her. "It's not enough. He needs to forgive and let go. Otherwise, it will always haunt him."

"You are talking about his family." Brenda concluded.

Ellie nodded. "I know what he lived wounded him. It wasn't easy at all. I don't force him to relate to them but I think he suffers from not having that. His mother tries to approach him but he never lets her fully in. He only relates to Peter. I understand... he was the one always having his back. They really bond. But the rest is missing..."

"I think he is going to be a lovely father." Her friend told her.

"I have no doubt about that." She smiled tenderly. "I know Chris is going to be a wonderful dad. He was a wonderful boyfriend and he is a marvelous husband. Apart from this incident in our relationship, I cannot complain at all."

"Have you guys talked about that again?" Brenda asked.

"Yes." Ellie confirmed. "He explained one last time and we agreed we would not talk about it anymore. When we bring it up, it opens wounds . We are together. We are about to be parents. That is it."

"El..." Brenda called her and looked in Ellie's eyes. "Tell me... it's just us here... now that it's been some time, do you really believe in him?"

"I do." Ellie nodded. "My biggest mistake was to doubt his faithfulness. I never had anything on that matter to complain about. Chris always made me feel secure. I snapped. I was so jealous and hurt that I refused to listen to him."

"Because it is important to make it work." Brenda added. "I mean... to let go and forgive him..."

"We are on a good path." Ellie smiled and rested her empty cup of tea on the coffee table.

Suddenly, they heard the front door opening and they turned their heads to it. Chris appeared holding two bags from the supermarket, one in each arm, and then kicked the door shut, throwing the keys on the phone table by the door.

"Hey girls!" He smiled and walked up to the kitchen part to leave the bags on the counter.

"How are you?" Brenda asked him.

"I'm cool." He responded coming back. Part of his air held in a top bun. He hated his hair in front of his face. "Hey, babe." He breathed bending over Ellie to kiss her lips. "How are you?"

"I'm fine." She smiled.

Then, he turned to Brenda and kissed her cheek.

"How's that boyfriend of yours treating you?" He asked her.

"Very good." She laughed. Brenda got up. "Well, since you are not alone anymore..." She told Ellie.

"You don't have to leave." Chris told her.

"I do." Brenda nodded. "I think you two need all the time alone you can get now. Besides, my boyfriend is meeting me in my place in like..." She turned her wrist to read the time. "... 10 minutes."

"Well... see you then..." Chris told her, giving her a hug.

"Take care of her." Brenda tapped his face lightly.

"Always." He responded.

Brenda then went to Ellie who had sat. "See you tomorrow girl."

"Thank you for coming." Ellie told her wrapping her arms around her neck. After a tight hug, they pulled apart and Brenda started walking to the door.