"It's not that simple. We just found out that everyone in King's Landing is in danger by being burned by the King and now you want us to bring our infant daughter there" Alyssa told the lord.

"I don't want you to go anywhere" Jon sneered, "I want Rhaegar to return, but I don't care if you come or not. There is no use for you in the Capital-"

"I would tread carefully if I were you" Oswell interfered, "You are speaking to your princess."

Alyssa sent a thankful smile towards Oswell. She didn't need help to stand up for herself, but it was nice knowing she had his support if she wanted it.

"The King will want to see his granddaughter" Alyssa explained, "which means that all of us have to return. If you think otherwise, you are a fool."

Rhaegar once again had to interfere before the two started another fight, "We will make preparations as soon as Lyrella is ready to leave."

.•° ✿ °•.

279 AC, King's Landing

Alyssa looked upon the red walls of the Red Keep. Over a moon had passed since Jon had arrived at Dragonstone and now they were once again back in the Capital. The City of Vipers.

Her mind immediately traveled back to the last time she had entered the Keep with her family behind her, ready to marry the Crown Prince. And now she was married with a child, how the times had changed.

She prepared to dismount when Rhaegar walked over to help. She had half a mind to jump of on the other side, but she knew he just wanted to help her. So she allowed him to grab her waist and lift her off her horse. "Nervous?" Alyssa asked when her feet touched the ground.

"That would be a good word to describe what I am feeling right now" Rhaegar sighed, a melancholic look returning to his eyes that she hadn't seen since Lyrella was born.

"You will be fine" Alyssa assured him, "You have survived being wed to me for almost a year now after all."

Rhaegar gave her a thankful smile but their moment was interrupted by a very annoyed Jon Connington, "The King is waiting in the Throne Room, we shouldn't keep him waiting."

"Remind me again why you didn't allow me to push him overboard" Alyssa asked her husband with a sigh of annoyance. Needless to say that the travel from Dragonstone hadn't been pleasant because Alyssa and Jon had been at each other throats the whole time.

"He is one of my closest friends" Rhaegar answered simply, "and I really don't have time to handle a diplomatic crisis right now."

Alyssa chuckled at his joke but then her eyes shifted to Catelyn who walked over with her daughter, "Someone misses her mother."

"I'm sure she had a great time with her Aunt Cat" Alyssa smiled before taking her daughter in her arms. Lyrella was wrapped in a red and black blanket and her eyes were wide open. In the short time since she was born her eyes had changed from the blueish colour she was born with to a light indigo colour. "Are you ready to meet your grandparents, love?"

Lyrella gurgled in response and Alyssa grinned down at her. And then they started to make their way towards the Throne Room. She was somewhat nervous about meeting the King, knowing that in some eyes she had failed in providing Rhaegar with an heir, but at the same time she didn't care what others thought of her.