CHAPTER NINETY-NINE

THE VICTORY
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE VICTORY✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

304 AC, The Wall

The moment Alyssa watched thousands of wights drop dead to the ground without any cause was the moment she knew that they had won. Hundreds of emotions flooded her thoughts as she vaguely could hear cheers of victory from others who realised that the battle was over.

But whilst a sigh of relief escaped her, she could not celebrate. Not truly at least. Because first she needed to know that her children were safe. It felt like centuries since she had seen any of them and now all she wanted was to hold them close and never let go.

So instead of relishing in their victory, Alyssa used the last strength she had to run through forest, towards Bran's hiding spot. She had no idea where the rest of her family were, but she knew where to find Jon, Theon and Bran.

And in a small clearing she could see Bran, sitting calmly in his wheeled chair. The storm had eased when the Night King fell and now snowflakes fell calmly down from the sky, through the treetops, creating an air of calmness around the young man. For a moment one could almost think he was simply praying by a Weirwood tree on a regular day. But reality set in when she noticed the bodies scattered on the ground, one of them being the limp form of Summer.

"Bran," Alyssa ran towards her nephew and pulled him into a quick embrace, kissing the side of his head. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I am unharmed," Bran confirmed, although she noticed tears in his eyes that made her heart drop. "But - The - Theon," he looked at something behind her.

Kissing his forehead quickly, Alyssa jogged in the direction Bran had been looking until she came upon a body sitting leaned against a tree, blood pooling out of an open wound in his stomach.

"No, no, no," Alyssa ran over and kneeled down next to the young man, brushing a piece of hair away from his face. "Theon," she gently called, placing a hand under his chin to force her to look at him.

His eyes fluttered a little and it gave her hope. "Look at me, love," Alyssa begged the young man that she had known since he was but ten. That she loved like one of her own children.

She used her free hand to press against his wound to stop the bleeding. That gained a response from Theon who winced and he slowly opened his eyes to look at her. "Don't worry, dear, we will get you help," Alyssa promised him, looking at the wound to see if there was anything she could do.

She tried to not grow nauseous when she motives the large pool of blood beside him. It was a lot. So much blood that she doubted he had much time left.

"It's okay," Theon told her and she felt him weakly raise his hand to place it on her wrist. "It's too late for me-"

"No, it's not," Alyssa said firmly. Or at least as firmly as she could muster since she herself barely believed her own words.