CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE

THE GHOSTS OF HARRENHAL
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE GHOSTS OF HARRENHAL ✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧

299 AC, Stark Camp, Westerlands

When Ashton and Robb arrived back in the camp two days later Alyssa was there to pull both young men into a tight hug, "I'm so glad the both of you are okay."

"I heard what happened," Robb said with a serious expression, "Did mother really release the Kings- Ser Jaime?"

"She tried," Alyssa said, "But he didn't actually escape. Come here - I put her under guard in her tent but what happens now is up to you - do you want me to come with you?"

Robb nodded, his eyes casted down, "Aye, I would like that." This would be hard for him. Catelyn was his mother no matter what she had done, or at least tried to do.

Alyssa and Robb walked through the camp until they reached Catelyn's tent. Both stepped inside and the auburn haired lady immediately snapped up.

"Why would you try something like this?" Robb asked his mother who didn't answer. She just looked at him. "Why!"

"For Sansa," Catelyn answered.

"You betrayed me," Robb accused her.

"Robb-," Catelyn tried to reach for him but he was too upset.

"No!" Robb exclaimed angrily, "You knew I would not allow something like that but you tried anyway."

"Sansa is a captive in King's Landing, Arya is missing and Bran and Rickon could be attacked at any moment," Catelyn said, "I have five children, and only one of them is with me. Returning Jaime Lannister to King's Landing could have bought freedom for Sansa-"

"You have been played for a fool, Catelyn," Alyssa snapped, "What makes you think the Lannisters would release Sansa for Jaime?"

"Petyr assured me-"

"You complete idiot!" Alyssa couldn't stop herself from exclaiming, "Once again you have allowed him to fool you. To manipulate you! Haven't you already done enough because of that man? Haven't he harmed our family enough!"

Alyssa unsheathed the Valyrian steel dagger from her belt and stabbed into the table, making Catelyn flinch back, "Recognise this dagger? It's the dagger that was used when that assassin tried to kill Bran. It's the dagger that brought you to King's Landing where Petyr Baelish convinced you that Tyrion Lannister tried to murder Bran. It also happens to be the dagger that your beloved Petyr held against Ned's throat when he betrayed him."