CHAPTER NINETY

THE WOLF QUEEN AND THE
DRAGON KING
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE WOLF QUEEN AND THE DRAGON KING✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

303 AC, King's Landing

Just before Alyssa was able to use her dagger to slit Cersei's throat, a force knocked the golden haired woman off her. Everything was a blur to her as she barely hung onto her consciousness.

When Cersei's hands disappeared from her neck, Alyssa gasped loudly, coughing and panting for air. It took her a few seconds before she was able to fill her lungs again and she rolled over to her side, just lying there, breathing harshly until her head stopped spinning.

Her disoriented state blocked out all the sounds around her. But as her vision cleared all of her senses slowly returned, making her very aware of the situation. Her hand went up to her tender throat as she tried to sit up.

Instead she rolled over to her stomach and slowly got up to her hands and knees, spitting out the blood in her mouth that had gathered since the Mountain slapped her.

Slowly she raised her head, eyes widening as she witnessed the scene in front of her. At first, Alyssa believed it to be her head playing tricks on her. But after blinking a few times she realised that it wasn't.

In front of her Jaime had Cersei in the same position the blonde woman had Alyssa in less than a minute ago. Struggling for air while slowly drifting away.

Only instead of the mad glee that was visible in Cersei's eyes when she attempted to kill Alyssa; the expression on Jaime's face showed pain mixed with determination.

Alyssa's heart broke for Jaime who clearly had made a choice. And his choice meant that he was forced to kill the person he had entered this world with - the woman he for many years had believed to be the only one he would and could ever love.

In that moment Alyssa made a choice. Cersei needed to die, but Jaime did not have to be the one to do it. Her Valyrian dagger laid beside, she gripped it tightly in her hand while stumbling to her feet.

By now Cersei's eyes were closed and Jaime didn't even realise what had happened before Alyssa used her last strength to ram into him, knocking him off his twin sister.

Then in one smooth movement, she slit Cersei's throat; the golden haired woman choked a little but her misery was short lived. It was a more merciful death than she deserved but the most important thing was that she was dead.

Tears welled up in Alyssa's eyes, both because of everything that had just happened and because she could see the ones running down Jaime's cheeks.

"Jay," she whispered, crawling the small distance between them to wrap her arms around him, bringing him into a hug. "I'm sorry."