CHAPTER NINETY-TWO

THE DRAGONPIT
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE DRAGONPIT✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

304 AC, King's Landing

"I've received a letter from Jon," Alyssa announced upon her entrance into the Small Council chamber. Almost two moons had passed since her son had left the Red Keep and now he had sent word that they had caught a wight and were returning to the Capital. "They are sailing south and should reach King's Landing within a fortnight."

"Did they catch their - what was it called again?" Arthur tried to remember what Alyssa and Jon had called the creatures from beyond the Wall.

"A wight," Alyssa clarified. "Think of the wights as foot soldiers, the White Walkers as commanders and the Night King as the - well, the King."

"Well, did they catch one?" Rhaegar wondered. She turned to look in his direction and for a moment his eyes shifted down to his hands before he almost forced himself to look her in the eye.

Alyssa decided not to ponder on his behaviour at the moment, she'd think about it later. It was probably nothing. She had too many mood swings herself to every question if somebody else was having a bad day.

"They did," Alyssa nodded, proud of Jon for being able to complete his mission. "So at least we will have evidence of the threat. It will make convincing all the lords and ladies of the realm that we need to work together a lot easier."

"Almost every noble house in Westeros, except for the North, has a representative here at court at the moment so it," Daeryn stated. "But they are getting restless. The coronation has passed and right now we have not given them any reason to stay."

"That's because if we tell them that they need to stay because we want to show them a dead, but living, ice man, they would surely believe us to be just as mad as our father," Viserys pointed out and Alyssa smiled slightly.

"And I will be called a 'superstitious northerner' - at best," Alyssa snorted. "But there is one upside of being the King and Queen of the Seven Kingdoms-"

"Only one?" Viserys asked in amusement.

"Shush, the adults are speaking, Vis," Alyssa chastised him jokingly. "What I was going to say is - we can simply tell the lords and ladies that we are holding a meeting - like a Great Council. But instead of deciding the succession of the Iron Throne or decide the new regent for an underage King, we will tell them that they will all either die or become a wight if they don't stand by us."

"And how do you call a Great Council?" Daeryn wondered. At the moment he was mostly there to learn since he would be the one leading these meetings one day - but hopefully he would not have to deal with the Army of the Dead problem during his reign.