CHAPTER TEN

THE UNION OF ICE AND FIRE
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE UNION OF ICE AND FIRE✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

King's Landing, 278 AC

Some people say that your wedding day is supposed to be the happiest day in a woman's life. All attention is on her, everyone has travelled to see her walk down the aisle towards her husband in a beautiful dress. It's a day of celebration and happiness.

Those people have apparently never been yanked out of their bed by sunrise and forced into a bath where they were scrubbed raw and bathed in several oils that made you smell like you had rolled around in a meadow.

"Don't you look happy?" a teasing voice said and Alyssa turned to see Ashara and Elia enter her bedchamber that was filled with handmaidens and seamstresses that was preparing her for the day.

Elia was wearing a bright yellow dress with a generous cleavage, but it was still a lot more modest than those she would wear in Dorne. Her hair was styled and oiled, a small gold bandeau on her head, representing her title as Princess of Dorne. Her wrists were and arms were covered in golden bracelets of different sizes.

Ashara wore a light purple dress that made her eyes shine brighter than usual. The dress was also of dornish fashion, revealing a generous cleavage as well as her arms. Her jewellery was modest and her dark hair fell down her back in graceful curls.

Alyssa sent her a sarcastic smile, causing the two ladies to laugh. She was still wearing a robe, waiting for her dress to arrive. But her hair had already been styled, which had taken quite some time.

After her dark hair had dried from the bath they had brushed it and an argument had broken out. Everyone else in the room other than Alyssa had insisted in styling it in a Crownlandish fashion which consisted of a lot of braids piled up on her head that quite frankly she thought looked ridiculous.

Alyssa had insisted on styling it in a simple northern fashion, which apparently was far too simple for the future Princess of Westeros. Therefor they had compromised and braided away her hair from her face in a simple fashion that allowed most of it to fall freely down her back.

"We just came here to wish you luck" Ashara grinned, probably thrilled by the whole event. She supposed that she too could have enjoyed it a little bit if she wasn't the one about to wed.

"Thank you" Alyssa smiled gratefully at the two, standing up from her chair to give the two of them a hug. "Do you think anyone would notice if I didn't show up?"

"They might" Elia after pretending to think it over.

"Knock, knock" another voice said and Janna entered the room, grinning from ear to ear. The Tyrell girl was wearing a green dress in the Reach style with a deep neckline that was rimmed with golden roses, "Aren't you supposed to be happy?"