CHAPTER FIVE

THE SNOWFLAKE IN THE DESERT
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE SNOWFLAKE IN THE DESERT✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

275 AC, Sunspear

The heat was unbearable.

Sunspear was around a fortnights ride from Highgarden and as time goes on the weather became warmer. Alyssa was wearing her lightest dress, but it was far too hot for the dornish sun. Although her hatred for the carriage hadn't disappeared, she was almost glad that she didn't have to ride, because if she felt the true warmth of the sun she would surely melt and burn.

Outside the carriage the guards of House Tyrell were even worse of than she, sweating in their metal armour, probably getting boiled alive inside. They may be southerners, but only a dornishman or woman could truly stand the heat.

When the carriage came to a sudden stop Alyssa realised that they had arrived, she had completely lost track of time inside the warm carriage. Straightening up her skirts, made out of light blue silks, she stood up in the carriage just as the door opened. If she had thought that the sun in Highgarden was strong, this sun radiated such light that made her think she had walked into the sun.

Sunspear was a large castle, but it didn't have the same clean beauty as Highgarden. The castle was in a dun-colour that looked very dull, but the Rhoynish fashioned towers gave it a certain charm, that no one could deny.

The Martell family stood proudly awaiting her arrival. A tall woman stood proudly a few steps in front of the others, Alyssa had no doubt that this was the Head of House Martell, Princess Loreza the Ruling Princess of Dorne. She was a proud looking woman with hair like onyx, skin like copper and deep brown eyes that showed years of wisdom. She was wearing a dress of bright orange summer silk with a deep neckline and a slit on the side. She was only a few years younger than Lady Olenna, but time had done nothing to diminish her beauty.

A few steps back stood a man in his late twenties, a calculating gaze in his dark brown eyes. His hair was as black as his mother's and his stance just as proud. This must be Doran Martell, the heir to Sunspear. On his arm he had a woman, a haughty looking woman with deep brown eyes and dark hair, just a few shades lighter than the Martells. It was Mellario of Norvos, Prince Doran's wife.

Beside them stood another woman, she was younger, around seven-and-ten, and was a little shorter than Princess Loreza. It was Princess Elia, the only daughter of House Nymeros Martell. She was shorter than her mother, yet tall and slender with copper skin, onyx hair that fell down her back and warm black eyes. The Princess was beautiful, yet she looked sickly, her collarbones pointy, her arms slender and face sunken. She wore a yellow dress with a generous cleavage show casting her small figure.