CHAPTER SEVENTY-SEVEN

THE PRINCE OF ICE
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE PRINCE OF ICE ✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

302 AC, Castle Black

Jon is alive.

Jon is alive.

Jon.

Is.

Alive.

Those words repeated in her head over and over again for what felt like an eternity until she finally were able to register them.

"Jon - he is alive?" she whispered but she didn't wait for an answer before she sprinted towards the chamber she had been running away from a few minutes earlier.

Upon her entrance her heart actually stopped for a moment because on the table sat Jon, breathing heavily. A black robe covered him up and when the wounds weren't visible he actually looked like he had just woken up from a nightmare.

"Jon," Alyssa breathed out, blinking to make sure what she was seeing wasn't her imagination playing tricks on her. She almost wanted to ask Davos to punch her in the face to make it wasn't a dream.

Jon raised his head at the sound of her voice and his eyes that seemed so lost filled with tears. He tried to stand up but his legs were weak and he would have fallen if Alyssa hadn't leaped forward to stabilise him, bringing him into a hug at the same time.

"My little wolf," Alyssa muttered into his hair, allowing her own tears to pour freely down her cheeks, not even bothering to attempt to compose herself. "You are back - you are alive."

Jon continued to shake in her embrace and for Alyssa it felt like the many times she had comforted him as a child. He was just a child to her - her child. "It's okay, my love," Alyssa said comfortingly, "Everything will be okay now."

Alyssa pulled back slightly to look him in the eye, once again making sure that he was truly alive. "You are here," Jon rasped out, he too looking like he couldn't believe his own eyes.

"Aye, I'm here and I'm not leaving you ever again," Alyssa promised him, kissing his forehead. She sat down next to him, taking both his hands in hers to calm him as she asked, "What do you remember, love?"

Jon breathed heavily for a few seconds, his hands shaking in hers, "They stabbed me," he finally said. Deep breaths followed and then he muttered a name, "Olly - he put a knife in my heart."

Suddenly his panic returned and he looked around while his breathing became rapid again, "I shouldn't be here."

"Of course you should," Alyssa tried to calm him, using the same soothing tone she had used when he was a child.