Chapter 29: Myles

The three of them stay at the edge of camp for a couple of minutes, neither Murphy nor Octavia wanting to leave Rory until they are sure she's ok

The three of them stay at the edge of camp for a couple of minutes, neither Murphy nor Octavia wanting to leave Rory until they are sure she's ok. Rory stands there, staring at Bellamy's tent, trying to remove the image of him and Raven from her mind, wishing she hadn't taken Murphy's advice. If she'd been quicker in coming to the realisation that she was utterly in love with Bellamy Blake, none of this would've happened. She quickly shakes that thought from her head. She didn't make Bellamy do what he just did, he made that choice not her. She isn't going to take the fall for this, this isn't her fault, this is all on him.

"Are all the hunting groups back?" Rory asks, forcing herself to refocus on something that actually matters. "Did we lose anyone or have any run-ins with grounder forces?"

Murphy and Octavia share a look, both of them knowing Rory is really just trying to distract herself. "All of them except Finn and Clarke," Murphy tells her, "all things considered it's probably not the best time for them to go to pound town."

Rory lets out a huff of laughter, muttering about how it's not just Finn and Clarke that are going there at inappropriate times. "What about Myles?" She queries, turning her attention to Murphy.

"Who's Myles?" Murphy asks, hearing the name Myles for the very first time.

"He went with Clarke and Finn." She tells him. "They were a trio, they left camp just before I did."

Octavia raises her eyebrow and turns to face Rory and Murphy. "So, they're not in pound town then."

"Knowing Spacewalker, I wouldn't put it past him." Murphy mutters.

"Jesus, Murphy." Octavia mutters, rolling her eyes. She doesn't miss the smile that fleetingly graces Murphy's face when he hears Rory laugh at his comment.

"We'll get a group together and go and look for them." Rory says, not needing any help reaching this conclusion. Her friends are out there, she's not going to leave them in danger. She turns to Octavia, "O, can you go get everyone and bring them to the briefing tent? I need Miller or Monroe, make sure one of them stays on duty with the gunners, and then Monty, Jasper and..." she trails off.

"Bellamy." Octavia finishes for her, Rory nodding in response. "I'll go and round everyone up and meet you in there in five."

"Thank you." Rory tells her.

Octavia quickly walks away, heading to the outer wall first to collect Miller or Monroe. Whilst she goes and gets everyone, Murphy and Rory head to the briefing tent. The two of them silently walk towards the tent, the other Delinquents watching them closely. At this point, they're used to the stares that accompany their every move.

Once they are inside, and shielded from the prying eyes, Murphy speaks up. "You doing ok?"

"I'm fine." Rory says dismissively. She glances over at him and sees the look he's sending her. She lets out a heavy sigh knowing she hadn't convinced him at all. "We don't do this sort of thing Murphs, talking about our feelings is not us."