Chapter 20: He's Kinda Hot

Rory and Bellamy stand there in camp, clinging on to each other as if one of them would disappear if they were to let go

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Rory and Bellamy stand there in camp, clinging on to each other as if one of them would disappear if they were to let go. The delinquents all watch them closely, not really understanding what's happening but knowing that something is happening between their two leaders. Realising that neither of them would want to be subjected to the prying eyes of a hundred teenagers, Clarke snaps out of her trance and steps towards the pair.

"You two should go somewhere private." Clarke says quietly. "I'll hold down the fort."

Clarke seems to snap both Bellamy and Rory from whatever trance they were in. They let go of each other and take a couple of steps back. Rory awkwardly clears her throat and looks away from Bellamy, unable to look him in the eyes again. She feels everyone's eyes on them both and retreats into herself.

Octavia steps forward, standing shoulder to shoulder with Clarke. "Clarke's right. We can handle things out here, go talk."

They both silently nod their heads. Bellamy takes the lead and moves first, heading towards the dropship. Rory follows quickly after him, following him as he ducks behind the ship to where he had found Rory sat after her talk with Alexander. They both stand there silently, neither one of them speaking as neither knows what to say.

"So-" Rory awkwardly starts but Bellamy cuts her off.

"You killed them because of me." He says, his jaw visibly clenching.

"I-I killed them so that they didn't kill you." Rory, taken aback by his abruptness, stumbles to find the words.

"It's my fault those people are dead. Innocent people are dead because I made you do that." He says, his voice increasing with every word.

"They weren't innocent and it's not your fault." Rory tells him, her voice just as loud as his. She lets out a sigh and lowers her voice. "When Octavia found out what you did she said the same thing and I told her she wasn't the one that pulled the trigger. You're not the one that stabbed them. You're not the one that broke their necks. You are the person that stopped me, that pulled me back."

Bellamy shakes his head. "I didn't ask for you to do that." He chokes out.

"I know you didn't." Rory nods her head, thinking over how to phrase her next thought. "Just like I didn't ask you to beat Andrew to within an inch of his life hours before I killed those guards. He comes from a powerful family, Bellamy, it wasn't just my father that wanted you dead."

"He deserved it." Bellamy says, his eyes wide in surprise that Rory brought this up. "He was going to hurt you, Aurora."

"And the guards were going to hurt you even more, Bellamy. They were going to murder you." She tells him. Silence falls over them again as Bellamy processes what Rory has just said. After what seems like a lifetime, Rory breaks the silence. "Do you hate me?" She whispers, too afraid of the answer.