Chapter 10: Disfunctional Family

"Bellamy

"Bellamy... Bellamy can you hear me?" Rory asks, gently nudging his shoulder. He shifts in her arms and lets out another groan. "You need to open your eyes for me. Please, Bellamy."

"Is he going to be ok?" Octavia asks, looking worriedly down at her brother.

Rory looks away from Bellamy and towards his sister. Octavia is crouched down by his side, clutching his hand, and looking at him with wide eyes. She had never seen her brother this badly injured before, actually, if she really thought about it, she had never seen her brother injured. Sure, there was that one time he purposely cut his arm when she had injured herself whilst playing lilypads to cover their tracks, but she had never seen him hurt by another. He'd quite often come back with a few cuts on his face or bruises on his arms but he always had a mundane story to cover himself and never gave Octavia any reason to question him. Octavia had never seen him so vulnerable.

"He might have a concussion and he'll have the worst headache ever but he should be ok." Rory insists, pushing down her worries so she can reassure Octavia. As she speaks Bellamy's eyes flutter open and he lets out a loud groan, reaching up and covering his eyes. "Welcome back."

"Rory... O..." Bellamy groans, pushing himself out of Rory's lap and sitting up. He looks up and sees everyone looking at them. "Wait, where's Murphy? We need to stop him. Rory we need to go."

Bellamy manoeuvres himself onto his knees, thinking he would be able to stand up from there. The fast movement makes his head spin and he closes his eyes briefly, grimacing at the pain in his head. Once his vision is no longer impaired, he starts to struggle to his feet. Octavia and Rory both rush to his side and grab one arm each, supporting his weight so he can stand up.

"Hey slow down, Hotshot." Rory says, still clutching his arm and holding him steady. Octavia let's go of him and, once she's sure he's secure on his feet, Rory moves her arm away but stays standing next to him. "First we need to check that Murphy hasn't given you any more severe injuries. Then we can go."

"Rory I'm fine. We need to go."

"I'm not letting you leave this camp until I've checked you over." Rory glares at him and grabs his arm again, stopping him from walking towards the gate. Bellamy huffs at her and glares back, adamant that he is more than ok to leave. "Look, you can huff and pout all you want because you're not going to change my mind. I know you can be pretty dumb sometimes but even you have to realise that going out there in the fading light when you're unsteady on your feet is the worst idea ever. Finn and Clarke are out there, that means we have the time to check you over. Now shut up and do what I say."

Bellamy's resolve falters and he reluctantly nods his head at her. Rory smiles slightly to herself and lets go of his arm again. She backs away so she can get a better view of him and so that she can make her observations.