Chapter 4: We Are Apogee

Once the group have recovered from the near death experience they start to brainstorm ideas of how to cross the river and get to Mount Weather

Once the group have recovered from the near death experience they start to brainstorm ideas of how to cross the river and get to Mount Weather. Lots of different ideas are suggested, including Rory getting back in the water and just punching the creature in the face repeatedly. They, regrettably, didn't go with Jasper's idea even though Rory was totally up for it. In the end they decide they'd use some of the long vines and create their own rope swing and cross the river Tarzan style.

It was already late in the afternoon when they had decided their plan of action so as the light starts to fade Finn, Rory and Octavia start to work on the rope whilst Clarke takes Jasper and Monty to find some wood to use as a fire. Octavia needed to rest her leg if there was going to be any way she'd be able to get back to the camp let alone jump across a river. So, under Clarke's strict instructions, Octavia stayed put and worked on the rope swing but only if Rory stayed with her.

"How's your arm?" Finn asks Rory who was helping him collect some more materials to use. The two were stood just slightly away from Octavia, who was sat resting her leg.

"It's not too bad actually. I know I said it was just a scratch but I was actually concerned." Rory says to Finn quietly, turning to look at him. She's not normally an open person, it takes years for her to open up about the smallest things but she'd know Finn for less than a day and she was already talking openly to him. She already considered him a friend. It confused her immensely, but she felt like Finn cared, like he genuinely wanted to know things about her. "I just-I needed Octavia to be looked at first. I needed Octavia to be ok."

"The two of you seem close." Finn says, looking back at the younger girl who was laying on the rocks staring up at the sky. "How long have you been friends? I mean, she spent all her time under the floor so how did that work? How'd she end up being best friends with our very own sleeping beauty?"

"Sleeping beauty? That's what you're going with?" Rory says, with a laugh nudging her shoulder into his. "Contrary to popular belief, I'm not named after the princess. I'm named after the Aurora Borealis."

"The northern lights?" Finn asks, looking at the girl's face who nods in response. "I might have to use that."

"You do you Spacewalker." Rory says with a laugh and shakes her head.

"So, come on, you two are close so how'd you two meet?" Finn asks again.

"We're incredibly close. I've known her since I was 10 years old." Rory replies, looking over at Octavia. "At this point she's more like a sister. When I was 10 Alexander took me to watch my first floating. He said I needed to see what my job would be in the future. It was messed up, and when he left me there afterwards I ran off. I ended up on the Factory Station where the Blake's lived and I was walking down their corridor and I heard a noise coming from one of the rooms. It sounded like crying and I opened the door to find Octavia. The rest was history."