6

From another side of the ballroom, Elyan was dancing silently with the familiar looking woman with the coral mask.
She eventually broke the silence. "You're a good dancer" she commented.

Elyan squinted his eyes. Her voice. He had heard it before. Somewhere, but where?"
"Oh you don't have to lie. I'm not sure how to dance to this piece"

Gwen looked at the man with the purple mask. He seemed familiar. He's probably from the lower town, she thought. "I'm not. You're really good for not knowing how to dance the volt." She smiled.
"To be honest with you, my friend taught me. His name's Merlin. He knew this dance was gonna be played tonight and taught me ahead of time."

"That's was very kind of him"

"It was. I had hoped to dance this piece with him but he's nowhere to be found".

"Are you from around here? Do you also practice magic?" He asked trying to sound plain friendly. He need to know if he should be on guard with this girl.

She smiled. "No no. I live in another kingdom. I don't possess any magic. I bet it'd be helpful when doing chores though"
"Hmm. I bet" he said uncomfortable, luckily for him Gwen didn't notice.

"What about you? Are you from here? What's your name?" She asked curious.
"I'm not from here. I live in a far away kingdom."

"What's your name?"
"Um. George." He lied.

"Hello George, my names Guinevere"

That moment something clicked in Elyan's brain. The voice! The familiarity! Gwen! His sister Gwen!

"Gwen, what are you doing here?!"
"What?"

He lifted his mask for only her to see.
"Elyan!" She cried in surprise.
He pulled her away from the ballroom. "What are you doing here? Weren't you and Morgana going to visit a friend of hers?!"

Gwen tried to pull her arm from his tight grip, "Elyan! Stop!" He didn't stop until they were outside the castle near the forest.

"She's here isn't she? Lady Morgana's here. Why would you guys go to a kingdom of magic?!"

She stayed quiet.

Elyan was going to demand answers when someone else joined them.
"Hey! What's going on here?" Spoke a man with a blue mask.

"Lancelot!" Said Gwen relieved. She won't have to face her brother at the moment. "Nothings wrong. Who are you?" Elyan asked. "I'm Sir Lancelot, knight of Anglia and friend of Guinevere. Who you happen to have dragged out against her will. Explain yourself." Lancelot answered while unsheathing his sword and pointed it towards Elyan.

Elyan thought it'd be best to not blow his cover for now. He doesn't know what a knight of Anglia could do. Plus, he had to tell the prince Lady Morgana was there. "Once again, nothing's wrong. I just needed to have a word with her".  Gwen nodded in confirmation and walked back to the castle with Lancelot afterwords.

Once alone he swore and went back in search of the crown prince.

Gwen on the other hand thought, I must warn Lady Morgana.