13

Arthur rode for days only stoping to rest and eat. Thankfully the knights had packed him some food rations, a change of clothes, and two swords. He was almost in Anglia's borders when he looked down on himself. He was filthy. He couldn't remember the last time he bathed. I can't show myself like this to Merlin!

He took a soak on a nearby lake leaving when he felt refreshed. He put the cloak the knights gave him on right before entering the town making his way to the castle. Since the street was busy he decided to dismount his horse and walk. He however, did not expect to be yanked into an ally. He most definitely didn't release a high pitch yelp. He did not.

It was when he was being shoved against a wall that he was able to see who had taken ahold of him, Morgana. "What do you think you're doing here?!" She hissed. "My lady! I don't think it's wise to do this to the prince" said Gwen slightly alarmed, she didn't show it but she too was curious as to why the prince was here again. Morgana ignored her maid and kept a fixed glare on the blonde. "Better start explaining before I get a guard". Arthur started to panic, he couldn't be sent back before he even got to Merlin. "Wait wait wait wait wait" he started holding his hands up and managed to escape Morgana's hold.

"I'm not here to cause any harm!" The blonde rushed while dropping his sword but Morgana didn't seemed impressed. "Loo–" Arthur started but stoped and looked around. "Okay, not here. We gotta talk somewhere more... privately" The witch raised her eyebrow at him with her arms crossed. The blonde just sighed and pulled her towards the forest line when she started pulling back. "Let go you oaf! Where do you think you're taking me?!" Morgana exclaimed while crushing Arthur's foot with hers and freeing herself. She went to Gwen who had ran after them.

Arthur looked kind of funny with his eyes slightly crossed and his cheeks puffed up to prevent himself from crying in pain. "Ow! I just want to talk!" Morgana released a sarcastic scoff, "You? Talk?"

Arthur groaned. Of course Morgana was going to make this hard. "Look! I-I love him!" The blonde said while looking at Morgana's retreating form. She froze for a second and then slowly turned to him, "love who?" She'll listen?!

"Merlin! I love Merlin" the blonde felt critters fluttering in his stomach while a blush painted his cheeks. He was pretty sure he heard Gwen gasp.

Morgana eyes seemed to darken a bit, "Love him? How? You've only met once!"

(Had an inner turmoil. Like you can't love someone after one night, BUT it's like Romeo and Juliet so......)

"I just know! I've never felt this way towards anyone before" Arthur sighed, he knew how crazy that sounded but he knew what he felt for Merlin was real.

The raven head was still looking him up and down. "He's a man you know" she said like he hadn't noticed already. "That doesn't matter" the blonde responded without hesitation. "Uther would never approve". Arthur gave a small dry laugh, "I'm aware. He locked me in the dungeons after I told him". Morgana eyes went wide, "You told him?" Arthur just nodded. She then tried to hide her surprise, she never though Arthur would ever go against his father. "He has magic" she said and looked at him very carefully. She looked for any sign of a grimace, a change in stance, a reach for a sword. But she found Arthur did none of those. "I know. Merlin showed me a lot about magic that night". "And you're okay with that?" This time she couldn't hide her tone. "I think that's what made me fall in love with him faster".

No matter how hard and long she looked, Morgana couldn't find any sign of deception from the prince. Arthur was starting to get uncomfortable under her stare and tensed when Morgana took a deep breath and then made eye contact with Gwen. "Well... what are you going to do?" She said, her look more friendly giving him a smile, Arthur beamed at her.

—————————————————————

"Okay! What am I missing?" Asked Gwaine while throwing some grapes Merlin's way. "What do you mean?" The raven head replied while throwing them back only for the knight to catch them with his mouth.

"You've been moping ever since your birthday" Gwaine was dramatically leaning over Merlin. "I am not moping!"
"Oh you most definitely are" said Lancelot while walking in. Merlin opened his mouth to deny it but both knights just shook their heads and in a 'not buying it' gesture. "Does this have anything to do with that blonde princess?"

Perhaps it's better to tell them, they are my best friends. Merlin sighed, "it does. I-I Um... guys... I think I fell for him". "Oh Merlin... he's a Pendragon" Lancelot said while putting a hand on Merlin's shoulder. The prince gave a small dry laugh, "I wasn't aware of that then". Gwaine, who thought Arthur had just come to try and assassinate his best friend, was seeing red. "I'm going to kill him with my bare hands if I see him again"

The raven head gave him a small smile and the looked sadly out the window. Gwaine frowned until an idea came to mind. "That's it! We're drinking!" Exclaimed the knight while pulling the prince to his feet. "Gwaine, I'm not in the mood for some mead". The long-haired knight grinned. "Well we're not having mead". Lancelot frowned in confusion, "then what are we having". "You'll see", Gwaine lead them to his chambers and once there he opened a chest and took out a bottle.

Gwaine proudly held up the bottle. "What's that?" Curiously asked Merlin. "This! My good friend is a bottle of Chocolate Liqueur~" he said while wiggling his eyebrows making a small smile appear on Merlin's face.

(This is probably 300 years b4 it's existence but whatever)

Lancelot held the bottle to examine it, "I've never head of it". Gwaine grinned wider, "it's an exported item. It's alcohol that's supposed to taste like the chocolate dessert". The other knight's eyes widened, "it's already a rare experience to taste such a delicacy as chocolate, but as alcohol...."

Merlin spoke next, "Gwaine, this most be expensive. It's best to drink it on another occasion." The knight shook his head, "No. you clearly need cheering up and I know how much you liked chocolate. Plus, if I don't drink it now with you guys, I'd loose it on a bet or something".

Without further ado, Gwaine made the other two sit down and drink. "It's delicious".

After a few drinks forced by Gwaine, Merlin turned to him, "thank you for being such a good friend". He nodded back and turned back to his drink. "If I have a hangover tomorrow I'll kill you" Lancelot said while glaring at Gwaine.

I'll be okay. Plus, it's not like I'll see Arthur again. Merlin thought to himself, oh but how wrong he was.