12

So for the most part, choice 4 won!

Wilt? Oh, how could he not realize he was the prince?! Merlin was too pretty to be a commoner!

It has been three days since Merlin kicked Arthur and his knights out of his kingdom and they had made their way back home. Morgana had stayed since she had gotten permission from Uther to stay a month with her friend, oh how unfair. It was just when he entered the gates of Camelot that he realized he wanted to see him again, he wanted to go back.

Just when he made up his mind to go turn around and go back, Uther called for him. "Arthur!" Arthur internally cursed and turned to greet his father. "Father", the blonde said with a slight bow, he was still the king after all. "I see this hunt wasn't fruitful..." the king said with disappointment. Leon, Elyan, and Percival had caught two bores, a couple of rabbits and a few pheasants on their way back since the king would know something was up if they came back empty-handed from their "hunting trip". They didn't find anything impressive like a doe or stag in the three days of traveling and their prince wasn't all there either.

"No Sire, it seems there weren't many animals in the area" replied Leon. The king still frowned but gave a nod "Very well".

————————————————————

"Sire! Are you alright" said Leon's concerned voice. Arthur hardly reacted. He had been zoning out while sparing with Percival and was knocked down landing in the mud. "Fine, Sir Leon". No one believed him but didn't say anything after all he was the prince.

Elyan helped the blonde up and noticed his almost vacant look, "How about you go to Gaius, Sire?" The knight asked. Arthur felt like he was showing weakness but he didn't feel like training and agreed. He slowly made his way towards the court physician's room and started zoning out again. He stopped by a base of flowers meant to decorate the hallway. They were a vibrant blue which reminded him of a certain pair of eyes. The prince sighed after staring for what seemed like hours and went back on his way to Gaius' chambers.

—————————————————————

"—and then she hit me with a turkey leg! Didn't stop chasing me until I jumped off the roof!" Said a drunk Gwaine.
Merlin's friends had decided to take him to drink and sit around the camp fire that night to help lift his mood. They all noticed how the incident with the knights of Camelot had affected the lad and tried their best to distract him.

"What? I don't believe it" said a smirking Morgana starting a full on argument with Gwaine about how his stories, which he claimed were indeed true. Merlin looked around at his friends and was grateful for them. He noticed Gwen and Lancelot snuggling together from the corner of his eye and his mood dampened a bit. He looked up at the open sky and saw the twinkling stars. It reminded him of the night with Arthur.

Oh... Life was fine before the blonde. Why did destiny have to think otherwise?! Thought the prince before taking a swing of his mead.

—————————————————————

"Arthur!" the king yelled. Arthur snapped out of the daze he was in, "Yes Father?" They had been in a court meeting and were discussing what to do about the recent bandit raids. "The council's dismissed", the King said through gritted teeth. everyone silently shuffled out and the prince tried to sneak out as well. "Not. You. Arthur".

The blonde stopped on his tracks sighing and turning back to his father. "Arthur, where has your head been?! You've been completely out of it since you came back from that hunting trip!"

Is this it? Is this the moment to tell Father the truth?

"Father, I-I got something important to tell you" started Arthur unable to look the man in the eyes still bracing himself. "On with it!" Uther impatiently snapped. Mustering up all the courage he had the blonde looked his father in the eyes, "I believe I fell in love". He mentally thanked his voice for staying strong.