11

"Sire!" All seven people yelled while rushing to the two royals looking quite like wild animals.

Oh no

The pair turned towards them and froze. The others did too. What were they doing?

Eventually, one of the knights stepped forward. "Merlin?" Asked the curly headed blonde. "Leon?" They held each other in a hug briefly before pulling away, one looked static to see his friend, the other very confused.

"You came to see me? Morgana didn't tell me you were coming" said Merlin and now Leon looked even more confused and Arthur turned to see Morgana among strangers, then he turned back to Leon. "You guys know each other?"

Merlin nodded, "yeah, Leon is my friend. I met him as a kid one day when I was visiting my uncle."

Leon seemed like he was going to ask something but he got interrupted. "Merlin! Where on earth have you been?! We were so worried!" Gwen pushed through the group of knights and hugged Merlin close. "I'm alright mom" the raven head rolled his eyes.

Morgana stepped between Arthur and the hugging pair. "Merlin.... do you know who you're with?" She asked while backing up making them do the same. Arthur's eyes widened. She was gonna tell him.

Merlin frowned not knowing what was going on. "His name is Arthur. He's a noble from Olaf's kingdom". Merlin realize that the people he didn't recognize looked confused or surprised at his answer, was he wrong? "Right?"

Arthur wouldn't look him in the eye. Morgana turned to Merlin, "Merlin, you're not safe here let's go back".

Leon was having a flash back. A flash back of the day he met Merlin.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?" Leon asked the younger boy who had been wondering around for a while.
"Hello. I'm Merlin, prince of Anglia. Nice to meet you!" The raven head replied and gave Leon a toothy smile. Leon looked at the short skinny boy in front of him that couldn't be older than seven and laughed. "Right. And I'm the king of Camelot".
After his laugh Leon introduced himself, "hi Merlin, I'm Leon and I'm gonna be a knight of Camelot". The two had chatted quite a bit until a girl came along. "Merlin! I've been hiding for hours! What's taking you so long." Leon was surprised at who it was. It was Morgana, Uther's ward. "Sorry, 'Gana. I was talking to Leon and forgot". The girl sighed and turned to Leon. "Shouldn't you be elsewhere? You're still a squire after all." She sassily said clearly upset at him taking away Merlin's attention. "Does the king know you're friends with commoners? Lady". Leon and Morgana had grown together and he knew how restricted the royal children were. The girl stuck out her tongue and dragged Merlin away. He was going to follow but the young prince was calling out his name to go training. That wasn't the last he saw of the kid with raven hair.

Merlin hadn't made a joke that day. He told Leon the truth and he just took it as a joke. Out of all the years he's known Merlin he never noticed. But here he was, in expensive clothing and in Anglia.... yesterday's ball was for him!

He tuned back in when Morgana spoke. "Merlin, this is Arthur Pendragon. Prince of Camelot. And these are his knights. You're not safe here. Your mother's already under protection". Morgana was dragging a shocked prince only for Arthur to grab Merlin's other arm. "Why isn't he safe here? Yes I'm a Pendragon but why would I be a threat?" He asked confused.

Merlin seemed to snap out of his shock and turned towards Arthur with anger in his eyes. "Because I'm Merlin Wyllt, crown prince of Anglia. As in your enemy kingdom, 'Noble from Olaf's kingdom'".