14

Photo is irrelevant to the chapter. Just thought I'd share :)

"Goodnight" the raven head said while leaving the knight's room and heading to his own chambers. Maybe I can grab something from the kitchens, Merlin thought when he was a corner away from his room.

Just when he was about to turn around to the kitchens he heard voices. They were too quiet for him to understand. He didn't feel his magic scream danger so he was confused. Rounding the corner he was met with a very suspicious-looking Morgana.

"Morgana? What are you doing in my chambers?" The prince asked while getting closer. The witch just smiled tightly and spoke a bit too loud for it just being the two of them, "OH! MERLIN!" The other frowned at her in concern. Quickly Morgana's odd behavior left and she walked quickly towards Merlin. "Just looking for you of course!" She said and then a noise what heard from inside the room making the girl role her eyes. You fool! She thought. "What? Who's in there?" Merlin asked even more confused. "Let's go to my chambers, Gwen baked us a cake!"  "Wha– Morgana!" Without hearing an answer she started dragging Merlin away from his room.

—————————————————————

A few minutes earlier

"You sure about this plan?" The blonde asked while holding a basket of flowers that Gwen had helped him gather earlier that day. "Of course! I came up with it" Morgana answered, she shoved him forward getting him to walk towards Merlin's room.
The prince scoffed and murmured, "That's what worries me". And bam! She struck him with a hand fan on the back of the head.
"Ow!"

"Do you want my help or not?" She glared. Arthur sighed, "yes...". The raven head gave a laugh, "Oh I know. Took you two hours to write a love note and with help from Gwen and I in the end". The other just grumbled incoherently and flushed red in embarrassment.

After several stair ways and avoiding guards, they made it to Merlin's chambers. They hid from guards when necessary since Arthur shouldn't technically be there. What confused the blonde was why there weren't any guards near the prince's room. "You sure this is it?" He asked. "Yes I'm sure. Do you take me for an imbecile like you?" She snarked and got a glare back. "I meant, there aren't any guards. You sure this is it and not an abandoned room?" The other shook her head, "oh that's just Merlin. Doesn't want to trouble anyone and refuses to make guards stand all night bored outside his door. Hunith just barely convinced him to allow guards two hallways from here for his protection". That shocked Arthur. "What if someone breaks in? What about assassins?" He started thinking of all the dangers that happen if Camelot even with guards, from robbers to vengeful sorcerers. Morgana chuckled, "well Arthur, Merlin certainly isn't a regular man. He's the greatest Warlock to have ever walk the earth, he can defend himself quite alright. And as for the assassins... this isn't Camelot. There is no tyrant king here. These people love their royals very much and are happy with them on the throne". Arthur nodded slowly, "right..."

Morgana stepped forward, opened the door and shoved Arthur inside, "Alright, you go in and I'll keep guard". The other stumbled in and turned ready to complain but the witch just slammed the door on his face. Sighing, he thought; I can do this. It's just stupid flowers. Morgana's idea had been that he should litter Merlin's room with flowers making a trail towards the love letter and maybe even light some candles to make it more romantic.

It seemed very simple really. But with Arthur being who he is. The blonde grabbed a handful of flowers and smacked them on the floor here and there. Eventually he made a semi decent trail of slightly torn flowers towards a desk where he sat the letter. Arthur turned to look at his work, it's fine. He told himself even if he was judging his own abilities. "Now.... candles! Right" he whispered to himself. He started gathering any candle he could find and settled some on the floor to light the way along the flowers. Arthur was on the last candle when he heard Morgana.
"You almost done? What's taking you so long? Can't even do a simple tasks?" She asked with her usual I'm better than you tone. "Im almost done my dear lady" the prince replied sarcastically with clenched teeth. He couldn't upset her, after all she was helping him.

He done and ready to go when an idea crossed his mind. He searched his pockets and eventually found it, his mask. It was the pendragon red mask he wore to the ball. Arthur stayed looking at it for a few seconds and then set it next to the letter. Just as he was about to exit he heard Morgana talk loudly, "Oh! Merlin!" Oh no.

I have to leave. Arthur thought to himself and turned to find an exit but ended up knocking down some of the candles on the floor against some discarded chain mail making noise. He could hear Merlin say, "who's there?" Most was muffled by the door but he had figured out that Morgana took him away. He hurriedly left the chambers and hoped Merlin would like it.