Chapter Seven - Jay.

*Edited*

Everly

I rubbed my wrist and winced out in pain as I walked up the steps to the apartment the next morning. It had swelled up a ton even tho I put ice on it for most of the night. I sighed as I reached the top of the steps. I really needed to start looking for a new place. I pulled my keys out of my bag and walked down the hall over to our door as I saw a woman standing in front of it. 

"Can I help you with something?"

She turned around to face me and smiled. 

"Do you live here?"

"Yeah."

She nodded and reached into her purse and handed me a brown paper bag. 

"Could you give these to Kelly and tell him to call me later."

I took the bag that she was handing me and I was 99% it was pills in there.  I forced out a smile as I dropped my arm to my side. 

"Yeah, of course. What's your name?"

"Lilly."

"I'm Everly by the way."

She nodded and smiled. 

"Well I have to go. It was nice meeting you."

I nodded and smiled.

"Likewise."

I waited until she left and then I stuck my key in the lock and pushed open the door. I dropped my bag on the floor by the front door and kicked off my shoes before walking over to the kitchen. I set the brown paper bag down on the kitchen counter and debated on opening it. I shook the thought out my head and sighed. It was none of my business even though I was pretty damn sure I knew what was in there. 

"Ev, Shay?"

Great.

"In here."

Kelly walked over to the kitchen as I pulled open the fridge. He sat down at the island and sighed. 

"Can we talk?"

I got a water bottle out of the fridge and leaned back on the counter. I twisted the top off of my water bottle and nodded.

"Do you want to talk about the fact that you've been taking your anger out on me for the past month or the fact that Lilly just dropped off a bunch of painkillers for you this morning? Your choice Kelly."

He sighed and put his head down. 

"Ev, I can't get the surgery."

I chuckled.

"Of course you can't. Your just going to risk losing all your motor skills and being strung up on pills for the rest of your life, because you don't want to be off the job for a while right? Did I get everything right Kelly?"

He lifted his head and looked at me.

"You heard Kendra, I could be out of the job forever."

I shook my head. 

"She also said you could return to full duty within a year."

"That's a low possibility and you know it."

"So what? You're just going to continue popping pills until you can't use your arm anymore because you lost all your motor skills? Then what Kelly?"

"I don't know Ev, I don't know. You should be my best friend and support me no matter what."

I shook my head and scoffed.