Chapter Two - Hadley.

*Edited*

Everly

Shay and I couldn't help but laugh as we pulled up to the hospital. We picked up this guy who was in a bar fight that resulted in him getting a pretty nasty cut on his head. As I was treating him in the back of the ambulance, he grabbed my ass. Shay gave him a sedative and then we decided to give him a little makeover. Shay parked the ambulance and I pushed open the back door before jumping out. Shay walked over and helped me pull the stretcher out. We rolled him into the ER and the charge nurse started laughing as soon as she laid eyes on him. 

"Whoa where did you find this one?"

"Casey here was actually making out with him and then he fainted and bumped his head."

"When he wakes up tell him I said thanks for the good time."

She shook her head and laughed as she rolled him into Trauma Bay 1. We both turned around and started walking towards the nurses station to finish off the paperwork.

"Ladies."

We both turned back around at the sound of Hallie's voice. Hallie was a doctor here at Lakeshore, but she was also my brother's girlfriend.

"Speak for yourself."

I smiled at her. I had always liked Hallie. She was good for my brother.

"Are you guys going to the barbecue on Saturday?"

"Wouldn't miss it."

"I'm bringing my grandma's famous brownies, at least she tells me their famous."

I chuckled. 

"I'll see you two there."

"Yeah of course, see you there."

Shay and I turned back around and we both walked to the nurses station. 

"Matt and Hallie seem happy."

I looked over at Hallie who was talking with another doctor. 

"Yeah, she's good for Matt."

Shay nodded as I handed off the paperwork to the nurses. Shay swung her arm around me as we walked out of the hospital. 

"You bringing anyone to the barbecue?"

I chuckled. 

"Me, myself and I. You?"

"Yeah, this girl I've been seeing for a bit."

I nodded. 

"Lucky."

"Kelly's not going?"

I shook my head as we both walked to either side of the ambulance. I pulled open the passenger door and pulled myself inside before sitting down.

"No, he's been a cranky pants lately."

Shay chuckled as she pulled out of the hospital parking lot.