Chapter Thirty-Nine - Everly

Everly

"I've got a surprise for you when we get home."

I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked over at Kelly. What could he possibly have planed.

"What is it?"

Kelly chuckled

"It wouldn't be much of a surprise if I told you now would it be?"

I chuckled as Kelly drove towards our apartment. We finally pulled up to our building and Kelly and I walked up stairs and as soon as we reached our door Kelly put his hands over my eyes.

Kelly pushed open the door and guided me through the door and inside our apartment.

"Surprise baby!" 

Kelly pulled his hands off from over my eyes and I gasped as I saw the white crib in the corner of our living room.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I turned around to face Kelly. Kelly chuckled as he pulled me into his arms.

"I love it."

Kelly planted a soft kiss on the top of my head as I laid my head  flat against his chest and looked over at the white crib that was in the corner of our living room.

"Our little peanut is going to be so loved."

"Yes and their going to have a hot mom."

I chuckled.

"Oh my god."

Kelly rubbed my back and I smiled.

"Go take a nap, I'll start on dinner."

I lifted my head and looked up at Kelly.

"Are you sure?"

Kelly nodded.

"I'm sure. Now go."

Kelly leaned down and planted a soft kiss on my lips before we pulled away from each other.

After a much needed nap and a amazing home-cooked meal Kelly and I headed down to Molly's.

Kelly ordered a beer as soon as we got there and I got myself a coke. Kelly wrapped his arm around my shoulder and kissed the side of my head as we waited for our drinks.

"We should go say hi to Brett."

Kelly nodded as Herrmann handed us our drinks and we made our way over to where my brother was sitting with Otis and Mouch.

I set my drink down on the table and Kelly pulled out my chair so it was easier for me to climb up onto the bar height chair.

"Oh, sorry, you know, this is a Truck table."

I rolled my eyes at Otis.

"No Squad allowed. I'm sure you guys understand."

"When did you get so mouthy?"

"You know what, I think it was right around the time I was accused of being a whiny gossip, when the fact of the matter is I'm right. Rice is a ducker."

Kelly lunged at Otis and I stepped back away from the fight.

"Whoa Hey!"

Mouch got up and pushed Otis back while Capp grabbed onto Kelly's arm pulling him back.

"Listen, I told you once, you need to shut your mouth. You don't get a second warning."

"You keep sticking your head in the sand. Rice was ducking and no one on Squad gives a crap!"

Kelly lunged at Otis again and I shook my head.

"Kelly!"

Kelly stopped for a split second and looked back at me. I pleaded for him to stop and he dropped his fist back down to his side.

"You know what, there's plenty of other places in this town to grab a drink."

"Yeah, there are."

Kelly shook his head as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I put my head down as we walked out of Molly's with the rest of the Squad guys.

"Where you guys going?"

I lifted my head and looked over at Capp.

"You guys can go out. I'm going home."

Kelly looked down at me and I shrugged indicating that I was exhausted.

"I'll see you two at work tomorrow."

The drive home was done in complete silence and I sighed as we walked down the hallway that lead to our apartment.

"I'm sorry."

I shrugged as I kicked off my shoes and shrugged off the jean jacket I was wearing.

"I'm just so tired of Otis's bullshit."

"That makes two of us."

Kelly took a hold of my jacket and hung it up in the closet with his before he wrapped his arms around my waist as we walked down the hallway that laid to the living room.

"What do you say we run a warm bath and then head to bed."

I smiled as I leaned my head back onto Kelly's shoulder.

"That sounds nice."

Kelly planted a quick kiss before he quickly scooped me up in his arms bridal style and I chuckled as I laid my head against his shoulder.

"I love you."

I smiled as I reached up and laid my head against Kelly's cheek.

"I love you more Kelly Severide."